lag when playing Ea nhl16 xbox one

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

Re: lag when playing Ea nhl16 xbox one

tracert ea 1.JPG

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi there,

I'm hoping someone can save the day for me.  I'm a serious gamer and I've been experiencing input/button delay when I am playing NHL 16 on XBOX ONE.

In the past I had rogers tech over the phone port forward etc for all the EA servers, this opened my NAT type.

Ever since then, it seems like 60-70% of the time I'm having some sort of button delay and input lag, and it makes it very unenjoyable to play. I'm a top player and when I can't do the things I'm usually able to do it makes me not want to play the game anymore. I'm in several leagues so it would be nice to fix this issue.

Anyone have any solutions???

Thanks

I Plan to Stick Around

Additionally,

I'm reading on gaming/EA forums that there is a EA server or something in Ireland that some people had success by blocking the IP address and/or URL in their router settings. How do I do this????
Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Welcome to the Community @JamesCL19

I haven't heard of or seen this exact issue as I am a PS4 gamer. Maybe someone who plays NHL 16 on Xbox One can chime in?

Just to rule out a connection issue, how is the network performance otherwise(streaming,browsing,other games etc) ?

RogersAsif

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Game lag to EA servers via the Rogers network has been previously observed and despite my best attempts to raise the issue, along with other forum members, absolutely nothing has been done about it from what I can see.  @lethalsniper was working on this but I haven't heard from him lately so I don't know what progress if any has been made, but running a ping test via pingplotter as I type this, there hasn't been any change.  If you look up to the top post on this page you can see a trace from his pc to Electronic Arts.  If you look at hops 4 and 5, those are the switch from Rogers 209.xxx.xxx.xxx to Tata in Toronto.  The ping time from the end of Rogers network into Tata's takes a leap.  Watching it now, at 12:30 pm, it goes from 19 ms to 52 ms.  That's pretty well a permanent jump, and is responsible for a good majority of the ping time from a pc on the Rogers system to the EA server.  Its been that way for months.  Tata apparently is happy with the performance from a starting point within its network to the EA server, and no one at Rogers will tackle the jump that occurs at the network border. 

Edit:  Looking at the following page:

http://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/here-is-the-fix-for-input-delay-posted-on-pg-1-...

You want to block the following Irish address:  http://gosprodfeapp0392.ea.com/

:  or, 159.153.76.33

Here is how you would do that with an Asus router, as an example:  https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1000889/

I Plan to Stick Around

Hello Asif,

My connection is fine otherwise, streaming, downloading, etc.

And it was fine before.  Now its like every input lag/delay  all the time.  Last night was a little better I think? Maybe Iim just getting use to it now, lol

Still not optimal to game, especially playing titles like nhl, when passing, dekeing, stick lifting etc is critical in the game.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Datalink,

Thanks for the reply.

I think I understand what you're trying to say, sorry Im not much of a tech guy.

I play in league gaming and I'm familiar with that post about blocking ip and the ireland address except I couldnt figure how how to do it in my HITRON modem settings, can I do it?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Try this.  Log into the modem, navigate to BASIC ... LAN Setup.  Using the DHCP reservation function, set up a

static IP address for the pc.  Save the changes and then navigate to SECURITY .... KEYWORD FILTER.  Add your

pc to the trusted list and then add both forms of the Irish server address, text form and numerical form to the

managed keyword list.  Then reboot the modem by navigating to ADMIN .... DEVICE RESET.  The reason for

setting up the static address is to ensure that if and when the modem ever reboots or restarts following a power

failure, the pc will always end up with the same IP address which is referenced in the Trusted Device list.  I'll be

interested in seeing if this will actually work Smiley Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

So I did a FACTORY RESET on my HITRON lastnight, and played one game.  It was WAYYYYY better, I will have to play more games tonight to see if this resolved the issue?  Im really hoping!

I did notice that my NAT TYPE went from OPEN to MODERATE after doing the RESET. Would this effect my connection, does it matter if it is MODERATE?

Thank you for your reply @JamesCL19!

On the Network settings screen, under Current Network Status, the NAT Type field will tell you your current NAT type. Here is a brief description of the different types of NAT for Xbox One :

OPEN NAT

MODERATE NAT

STRICT NAT

With an OPEN NAT type, you’re able to chat with other people, as well as join and host multiplayer games with people who have any NAT type on their network.

With a MODERATE NAT type, you’re able to chat and play multiplayer games with some people; however, you might not be able to hear or play with others, and normally you won’t be chosen as the host of a match.

With a STRICT NAT type, you’re only able to chat and play multiplayer games with people who have an OPEN NAT type. You can’t be chosen as the host of a match.

We are very happy to know your Internet service is more consistent since the reset. 

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions! Smiley Wink

RogersMaude