lag when playing Ea nhl16 xbox one

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

Re: lag when playing Ea nhl16 xbox one

I'm always connected wired when gaming
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The modems are built to run in a signal range, -15 dBmV up to +17 dBmV.  So, your signal levels are still in spec.  However, if you are seeing momentary interruptions, that is a different matter.  That would be difficult to catch on any meter, but probably visible during a game.  What you should probably report to the CSR is your high signal levels and most importantly, the interruptions.  Also, ensure that he or she understands that this occurs for other people as well, not just yourself.  That puts the issue on the MDU or neighborhood node, and not just the cabling to your apartment.  I wonder if you are getting momentary signal level spikes which would cause the modem to possbily go offline to protect itself, and then reconnect.

Ask the CSR to run a signal check on the modem to see what turns up.  Worst case will be no fault found.  Best case would be a momentary interruption during the test, which should result in a tech visit.  Any time you have an interruption, call in.  Put Tech support on speed dial.  

I'm a Regular

Okay just called CSR and they told me my downstream levels are fine? And I'm not connected to a mdu I'm on a node then going to cpe outside of my building 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yup, not surprised at that.  As I said the modems are built to run in a large signal range.  I don't think the CSR will dispatch a tech unless yours are out beyond 10 dBmV, either up or down, but, it never hurts to check.  But, you should indicate that you are seeing momentary interruptions, that others are seeing as well.  When you do see those, if you have time, log into the modem and check the signal levels, just to see if they have wandered upwards at all.  That would give you some indication of whether or not the issue is signal related.  

I'm a Regular

okay so your saying when I start getting disconnected or delay check modem levels? What I do notice its always at night. And would that cause my game online to act up. Feels like quick pause then it going fast forward at times 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

At night people are home, therefore the data throughput load on the node increases as people game, stream videos, etc.  The question at that point is, whats the load on the node.  It shouldn't be above 80% from what I've been told.  The front line tech can't tell you what it is, thats a second line support question.  With high loads you could see issues arise, like drops in signal levels, signal errors and high ping times.  And, if that is the case, it might point to a requirement for a node split, ie replace one single node with two or more in order to reduce the load on each node to a manageable level.

I'm a Regular

Just called in and spoke to second line tech and he didn't find any issues at all, signal levels are fine, node looks fine I'm not even close to 80% ussage plus signal to modem was excellent , but he told me to call in when I experience lag, disconnections, delay. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The front line CSR connected you to second line support?  When I was indicating 80% as a load, that's for the entire node, not just the throughput on your particular service.  When you do see things go awry, absolutely call in and see what if anything can be observed in terms of the node performance.  Hopefully when you call in the situation will stay the same, allowing some useful observations to be made.  That might take patience and persistence.  

I'm a Regular

Yea I asked to speak to a second line support ( supervisor) and he said the node I'm connected to looks fine no problems , and he gave me his references # so next time I call in. To be honest I'm getting tired of Rogers services, a few years back I had a lot of issues of slow uploads ,downloads, disconnect problems , so many techs came out seen nothing wrong they kept denying anything was wrong. But to find out there was somthing wrong with my node it took them almost 6 months to find out what was the problem. This time to be honest I'm leaving them if they don't fix the  problems , been with Rogers since year 2001 nothing but problems

I'm a Regular

Datalink , still getting spike lag when playing nhl16 the lag is like  a fast forward type of thing game goes fast then normal does this on and off. But called Rogers and second line tech they found no issues.here is a topic on ea forums about lag. Is there any way to get Rogers and ea with better online experience

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/0/10391781.page#35463139