cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to enable "FILTERED" mail forwarding from one of Rogers 'DISPOSABLE' e-mail addresses

Darios
I plan to stick around

Hello
I've tried to enable Mail Forwarding specifically for  one of my disposable Rogers e-mail addresses but Im going nowhere with it ;  the idea is to either FILTER out   e-mails from a specific 'From' e-mail address and forward these to my cell phone e-mail address ( so only the specific / selected e-mails I receive  are  forwarded to my Cell phone as a text message ;  ),  OR use one of the disposable e-mail addresses that are linked to my Rogers e-mail and forward all e-mails from   that disposable address to my cell phone as a text message.... 

So as an an example, if I'd like to be texted right away when I receive an e-mail only from a specific person  ( for example : my hockey team ) -> only e-mails from my hockey team would be forwarded  to my cell phone e-mail address and showed as text messages on my cell phone...; so I got the e-mail right away, as a text message, without even logging-in to my e-mail account.

That would be a very neat feature / configuration to have if Rogers allows for this kind of filtered mail forwarding.

Thank you very much for your help...
Darius

*** Edited Labels ***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: how to enable "FILTERED" mail forwarding from one of Rogers 'DISPOSABLE' e-mail addresses

RogersCorey

Hello and welcome to our Community @Darios!

Thank you for your feedback.

The auto-forwarding feature was removed in 2018. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

In a situation like this, using an email client and setting up some rules might be your best available option. If you set your email up via IMAP, you wouldn't have to log into your email each time to check it.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Re: how to enable "FILTERED" mail forwarding from one of Rogers 'DISPOSABLE' e-mail addresses

DrMike
I'm a trusted contributor

No option for automatically forwarding email to another address:

I just set up a new secondary rogers/yahoo email account and want to have all email from the new account forwarded to my "main" account but that option seems to have disappeared. If I click "settings" and go to the mailbox, where Rogers tells me there should be an option to add a forwarding address, there is no such thing.

I do get a message that this option may not be available in all locales. Except that I already have one of my other secondary accounts that set up for forwarding , and it shows up in the spot under setting where it is supposed to, so it clearly works in my "locale".

The "may not be available in your locale" message also make some reference to upgrading to Rogers email pro or something like that (I didn't know there was such a thing) or signing up for some access-something or other. Clicking either one gets me a blank screen

What is going on here?  

@CommunityHelps ? Anyone?

Hello, @DrMike.

Thank you for your post; the auto-forwarding feature is not supported anymore. I too have one of my @rogers.com auto-forward to other non-Rogers email, and it stopped forwarding the emails. 

Yahoo supports the auto-forwarding feature for the Yahoo Mail pro clients. However, a pro version is not available for @rogers.com emails. 

Thank you for understanding!

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Re: how to enable "FILTERED" mail forwarding from one of Rogers 'DISPOSABLE' e-mail addres

DrMike
I'm a trusted contributor

@RogersMoin wrote:

Hello, @DrMike.

Thank you for your post; the auto-forwarding feature is not supported anymore. I too have one of my @rogers.com auto-forward to other non-Rogers email, and it stopped forwarding the emails. 

Yahoo supports the auto-forwarding feature for the Yahoo Mail pro clients. However, a pro version is not available for @rogers.com emails. 

Thank you for understanding!

Cheers,
RogersMoin

That's disappointing. Actually almost infuriating. Why in the world would that decision be made?

And it's also interesting. I have had autoforwarding from one of my older rogers accounts to my "newer" main Rogers account and it still works just fine. Clearly I dare not delete it since it will not be able to be restored, but it is still working.... Hmmm.... 

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation