hitron modem and xbox live

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: hitron modem and xbox live

OK, should be OK IP address wise.. was just making sure.

I have done that afew times.. changed the layout in my house, then went OH NO! why is this PC/DEVICE not working!!!?? Oh yeah.. had a manual address in it..

I Plan to Stick Around

I have tryed every thing to keep my xbox one and my sons xbox one open NAT no luck...ive called tech support which they charged me to dhcp my two xboxs and ive put my xbox on DMZ and port forward it no luck...most times im stuck with a strick NAT and my sons it Moderate were both conected with wires to the modem.i think ill go back to useing the hittron as a pass through cause its GARBAGE i had less trouble when i was with BELL.... id like to get this sorted out so my sons and mine xbox are always open NAT but i guess thats impossible for Rgers.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kozhitnrun, we've been down this path before in the forum, and not so very long ago.  I suspect that this is not just a Rogers issue, although, the Hitron modem NAT will no doubt be presenting problems.  This boils down to multiple console support, and, interestingly, not may routers appear to support this, although there are a few around.  Best solution, or path of least resistance is to run the modem in Bridge mode and run one of the modems as seen in post #20 in the following thread:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/highlight/true...

Take a read thru that thread, but post 20 contains a small list of routers that apparently support multiple consoles.

I Plan to Stick Around

Asus modem do not have that flaw.and when i get strict NAT most times my xbox is the only one one.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm, ok, so does that mean that you have an Asus router as well but you still are seeing Strict NAT with the Asus router running?

If you are using an Asus router, is the modem running in Bridge mode and have you set a static address and port forwarding in the Asus router to accomodate the xbox?

Have a look at the following youtube video which demonstrates the Multiplayer Test .  The fact that repeating the test can result in a Open NAT condition really suggests that there is something goofy with the implementation of the NAT detection capability of the xbox, personal opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxCjScH9xNc

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes i do have a asus gaming router.but i only use the hittron cause were i am to set up the gaming router would be a pain for others in the house.also why doesnt rogers just add a xbox feature to the firmware for there routers or have proper tech support ie they dont charge a fortune to do simple matters that the normal person can do if they had access.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Can you expand on what the problem is with running the Asus router?  Are you unable to locate the router beside the modem, or is the router presenting some problem when its running in router mode with the modem in Bridge mode.  I'm missing some info here that would help explain the problem.

I Plan to Stick Around

I dont use the asus router because this is not my house and when i leave for the owner to call and have stuff reset is too much incovience for her also rogers told me that the NEW hittron ac was the best router and could handle multiply gaming systems ect.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Right, understand.  Thats unfortunate.  Are you unable to leave the Asus router in place due to network stability problems?  I run an Asus RT-AC68U with the modem in Bridge mode and I never have to touch either one.  They both stay up and running without any problems.