e-mail settings for Outlook for Mac

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

e-mail settings for Outlook for Mac

Just got off the phone with support and I'm told that they cannot help solve my e-mail issues. Apparently I have to contact Apple to get support. Big fail re: customer support...they are not trained to support Outlook for Mac... Really??

Has anyone had the the same issues? Outgoing is working ok but incoming e-mail not working. Keeg getting the following error message " Authentication failed because Oulook doen't support any of the available authentication methods".

Incoming Server Settings are:

pop.broadband.rogers.com

Port: 995

Checked: Override default Port and Use SSL to connect

Any suggestions? Rogers support does not have any 😞

Thanks

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Network Architect
Network Architect

Re: e-mail settings for Outlook for Mac

There seems to be an issue with processing one e-mail in your inbox. I am not sure why Outlook for MAC reacts like this but I found some information regarding this.

Look at the solution in this post, this may be the solution to your problem.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/1185...

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

MGP88:

Your Outlook settings seem OK to me, but I use MS Office Outlook on Windows 7, not a Mac. Do you get the error when testing your Outlook settings?

I may be wrong, but I doubt Apple will be able to help you considering Outlook is a Microsoft product. If you're stuck, I suggest trying some Google searches to see if there are user forums on the topic. Whenever I run into something strange, I always find a solution somewhere on the Internet.

Highlighted
Network Architect
Network Architect

@MPG88

I have tried configuring my Rogers Yahoo e-mail on my Mac running Outlook 2011 and was able to do that successfully.

In Outlook, Preferences and Accounts:

User name: Rogers Yahoo user name (without the @rogers.com)

Password: Rogers Yahoo password

Incoming server: pop.broadband.rogers.com

Override default port: not checked

Use SSL to connect: checked (by checking this, the port is changed from 110 to 995)

Always use secure password: not checked

Outgoing server: smtp.broadband.rogers.com : 465

Override default port: checked

Use SSL to connect: checked

More options: Authentication: Use incoming server info

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I did EXACTLY as you described, but incoming mail is still not working!

The really odd thing is, I followed your instructions a couple of weeks ago and all started working perfectly! All of a sudden on last Friday afternoon, it just stopped and I haven't been able to get it working again!  I deleted the account and started fresh using your instructions and still nothing! Rogers has really caused a PAIN for a LOT of users! I'd happily go back to the non-SSL settings!!!

EXTREMELY frustrating!!!   Any other suggestions???

Thanks,

Ralph

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

it there a specific error its returning?  Different errors can mean different things.

Sometimes, if its just like a temp lockout issue.. sometimes all it needs is one login into the web interface, and it will undo the temp lockout.

(sometimes if there are too many consecutive or too many quickly in a row, it can appear like its being used for spaming purposes, etc.. and does the temp lockout for protection).

I'm Here A Lot

Hi,

The error message always reads: "[SYS/TEMP] problem receiving message"

Ralph

Highlighted
Network Architect
Network Architect

There seems to be an issue with processing one e-mail in your inbox. I am not sure why Outlook for MAC reacts like this but I found some information regarding this.

Look at the solution in this post, this may be the solution to your problem.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/1185...

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Blegh.. yeah..

Follow the link posted there.. it goes to what i posted as a solution for another user.

Unfortunately, i have seen this before.

What it is.. is that there is a MALFORMED email, somewhere on the list of all email, when it tries to download it.. its having a cow and stops on that bad one.

Really the only solution i found is as described on that other thread.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello!

I have a MacBook Air and just downloaded Outlook for Mac version 15.27. 

I have followed a few of the ideas about getting it to work. Outgoing is fine, but incoming is not.

I've updated my settings to be as per this post, and I've also followed another post about moving all my emails to a temp folder out of my inbox, in case there was a 'bad' e-mail causing the issue. Still nothing is coming in. Only out. 

Please help? 

thanks!

Stephanie 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What is the exact error message you are getting??

And what are you using for your details for the incoming?
(Post them here, without any of your own personal details like full email/password)