cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dual wan drops packets

tp007
I'm here a lot

Hello,
Looking for some assistance, I have dual wan setup (2 routers connected in bridge mode) with CGM4331COM modem (Bridge Mode).
it was working fine, but recently notices packet loss happening & becoming not useable. Just wondering if anyone has similar situation? any solution to have dual wan (pls don't ask me what purpose)
following steps were taken
1) Single WAN connection (bridge mode) no issue (no drops)
2) Rebooted modem with dual wan connection multiple time, still no luck
3) tried using different routers, still the same result

Any suggestion / advise is much appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: dual wan drops packets

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@tp007 wrote:

I have dual wan setup (2 routers connected in bridge mode) with CGM4331COM modem (Bridge Mode).
it was working fine, but recently notices packet loss happening & becoming not useable.

You had this working???  As far as I know, you can only connect one external router to an Ignite gateway while it is in bridge mode.  Rogers still allows two devices to obtain a public IP address... but one of those will be your Ignite gateway because its internal router/firewall is still running so that it can continue running its internal services.  The only thing that "Bridge Mode" does is it bridges the LAN and WAN interfaces and disables the WiFi network that your devices connect to.  It still has a number of hidden WiFi networks running and those are associated with services that continue to run on the gateway.

You could have two routers connected to a Hitron CODA because "Bridge Mode" on that device disables all of the internal services and turns the gateway into a simple cable modem.

If you connect two routers to an Ignite gateway (with Bridge Mode enabled), it would be a similar situation to you connecting three routers to a bridged Hitron CODA.

tp007
I'm here a lot

I have only internet service, it's allows to connect 2 routers (2 public ip). my issue is, it started to drop packets recently... or may be with CGM4331COM ( recently switched)

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@tp007  When you say "recently switched", are you saying that you just switched from (legacy) Rogers Internet to Ignite Internet?

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation