change to AC modem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

change to AC modem

my package should be come with the AC modem.

but the tech just give me the

GN3ROG on the installation day.

how to get my AC modem back?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersMichaelB
Retired Moderator

Re: change to AC modem

Hi @fengjun326 , Thank you for your post.

I would advise you to contact customer service 1- 888 Rogers1, first to confirm this package and the AC modem relate.

If they do, then I would ask them if it is possible to have this swapped, perhaps by visiting the nearest Rogers corporate store in your area.

Can anyone in the community chime in on the comparisons between the GN3ROG compared to the AC modem?

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you intend to bridge the modem, then the CGN3 will be fine.  As a bridged modem, the performance for both will be the same.  If you intend to actually use the wifi on the modem, then yes, the CGN3ACR is a better choice as it should give you better perfomance on the 2.4 and 5 Ghz networks.  If you have any devices that are 802.11ac capable, then yes, running the CGN3ACR is the modem that you should prefer.  To be totally honest, you would proabably be better off running the modem in Bridge mode and use a good third party router for wifi purposes.  If you are not terribly demanding in terms of wifi performance and utility such as port forwarding, the CNG3ACR should be okay for what you need.  But, if you have specific requirements, such as parental controls, port forwarding, easy to modify guest accounts and much more, a third party router would be a better choice.

Retired Moderator RogersMichaelB
Retired Moderator

@Datalink ,

You always have great info.

Thanks for chiming in. Kudos!