cable internet down

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: cable internet down

Hello,

I just installed rogers WIFI in my house and it worked perfectly for the past few weeks. However, I'm having a trouble to access internet today. My devices are able to connect to the wifi but I just cannot load any websties. I checked the indicator light on the modem and found out the upload light (the second light from the top) is blinking, the download light (the third light from the top) is off, the "@" light (fourth light from the top) and the "device" light (fifth light from the top) are all off. I've tried to restart the modem twice and it didn't work. I'm wondering is this the problem related to my modem or my network and what am I supposed do in order to resolve this issue?

My modem's brand is "hitron" and the model is "CGN3AMR" if that helps.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ensure that the cable connection at the back of the modem is tight (hand tight).  If that is tight and no change is noted, call tech support.  Sounds like the cable feed is dead.  That might be a local area problem.   Tech support will be able to tell you. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for the reply. It works now for some reasons. 😄

I've Been Here Awhile

No internet since midnight.

My intrnet went down around midnight. Its still down. I reset my cisco modem/router by both reset button and unplugging. Any eta for a fix?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@katfras

@katfras wrote:

No internet since midnight.

My intrnet went down around midnight. Its still down. I reset my cisco modem/router by both reset button and unplugging. Any eta for a fix?

Did you call into tech support and report it? I would give them a call and see if it's a neighbourhood issue, or something just effecting your line.

I've Been Around

My internet is down for about half an hour now i would like to know whats going on

Hello, @johncabuay

Thank you for joining the Rogers Community Forums and posting your concern. The Internet service being offline is definitely inconvenient, is the service online for you yet? We can surely check your connection and the area as well, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Around

Landline internet is down

Cap-pelé internet

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Murph89 wrote:

Landline internet is down

Cap-pelé internet

We need more information, but in situations like this I would first unplug the modem for 10 seconds then plug it back in and let the modem reboot. 

If that doesn't work then give Rogers Tech Support a call so they can see if this affects just your connection, or other people on your Tap.

I've Been Around

Rogers is down in mississauga