cable internet down

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

cable internet down

Rogers câble internet Is down since 7:30 pm est @ Aurora, Ontario

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Re: cable internet down

Hi @pmehley

Are you still experiencing issues with your services? Have you tried resetting your modem/digital box?

Anyone else in the community experiencing any issues with services in the Aurora, Ontario?

@RogersPrasana

I'm Here A Lot

It's still down after 13 Hours. A ticekt opened with Rogers last night. Yet to hear back. Had to go to the office so I can work since the Turn Around Time as told is 24 Hours

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Lame...

I wonder if they opened a ticket because its an area issue...

Edit: Nope never, mind... you clearly stated all of Aurora, ON

Misread somehow...

I'm Here A Lot

25 hours. Tech support says turn around time is now 48 hours as opposed to the one I spoke yesterday who said its 24 hours. Case is said to be in progress that I don't see. Not even a single courtesy call from Roger..

I'm Here A Lot

canadianoutages.com show a big red in gta for rogers

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Up in newmarket (two locations, sothern and norther at my brothers and mothers place).
Up north of newmarket (georgina).

May be more southern.

One thing to remember as well.. that outage site is based on user reports alone... nothing actually network check, etc.
False reports, people reporting any issues (say which are out of rogers control.. power outages, issues with user hardware) can all effect those reports as well.

I'm Here A Lot

Had @RogersHelp help me with this. Following a bit of troubleshooting, a factory reset of the modem did the trick. Thanks a ton to the Rogers Tech who helped me. The tech didn't tell the name but thanks a lot to you!!
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@pmehley wrote:
@Had @RogersHelp help me with this. Following a bit of troubleshooting, a factory reset of the modem did the trick. Thanks a ton to the Rogers Tech who helped me. The tech didn't tell the name but thanks a lot to you!!

Glad to hear its back and working 😄

This sort of enforces my above point as well.
While i guess that this could generally be rogers fault that it needed the factory reset (say.. bad firmware update or something?)... its something more localized.. and not an OUTAGE as the site may then lead to think.

I've Been Around

y? my cable internet is not working when I put inside, the light is not freshing.