You must update your Rogers email account settings

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: You must update your Rogers email account settings

i tried following the instructions but they stopped sending apple sone of the information, they want to force you to use their web service.

Highlighted

Hello and welcome to our Community @CITROENCHRIS1!

That's just not true. We have enabled our customers to be able to access their email in a variety of ways.

Which part of the process are you having difficulty with? If you feel like the instructions are not clear, you've come to the right place for help.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Totally confusing. Can you update for me?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@leighhamilton : If you want a new App Password, you need to do that yourself using the instructions below:

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/email-setup  See the last dropdown for AppPW instructions.

You then need to copy that AppPW into whatever device (computer e-mail client, tablet e-mail app, Phone app, etc).

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

So the email I received was not fake?
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@djDiscoDave : That would depend on the e-mail.

1. Is it similar to the one outlined in post 1 of this thread?

2. Is the sender from Rogers?  You can usually tell by hovering over the sender's e-mail address, or getting detailed information regarding the e-mail itself - how you do that depends on the e-mail client or webmail service.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Using Thunderbird to get rogers acct emails - but get message - sending of password did not succeed

I use Thunderbird to get email messages from my rogers acct.

Everything has worked ok for a long time but recently I've been getting a lot of this message:

Sending of password for user xxxxxxxx@rogers.com did not succeed. Mail server pop.broadband.rogers.com responded: Server error - Please try again later.

And therefore I can't use Thunderbird - no new email messages are received.

Is anyone receiving the same message or know how to fix it so I can use Thunderbird to get email messages from my Rogers acct.?

Thank you.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This may be related to the problems outlined in the following thread regarding older e-mail clients:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-Receive-Emails-on-Outlook/td-p/461103

If there is an update for Thunderbird, you may be able to make it work again, however, if there is not, then there's not much you can do except use a newer client that has the appropriate security protocols or use Webmail.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Looks like your post was moved to this existing thread on app passwords.  After 3 years I would have thought that everyone would have been affected long ago, however, if you've not created an app PW, then you need to do that.  See link below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet-Knowledge-Base/Updating-your-Rogers-Yahoo-Email-Setti...

If you have created an app PW and tried creating a new one and it still doesn't work, then you may be affected as outlined in my previous post regarding newer security protocols.