You must update your Rogers email account settings

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: You must update your Rogers email account settings

the link doesn't work

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@pamcarm:

Which link doesn't work?  The link in the e-mail sent by Rogers should work. It is as follows:

www.rogers.com/email

I've Been Here Awhile

Hello,

Rogers has killed off my Thunderbird email client from a desktop computer. It will no longer hook up with my two accounts on Yahoo. I was warned with a final notice that this would happen but couldn't figure out how to fix it. I think you need an app or something according to this page.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/update-email-settings

I can get into my Rogers online account but when I try to enter the sign in page to look at account info it tells me, "Error: Sorry, we can't find the username or password in our records. Please try again" What! I just signed in and all of sudden I don't exist.

I've used Thunderbird for 14 years with Rogers and it's now considered an unsafe client. It's Yahoo that is unsafe. I download all my emails and leave nothing on the server, not even contacts, because of breaches of Yahoo in the past.

How do I fix this?

Regards ...

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm using Thunderbird as well (version 52.3.0 (64-bit) on Linux). I set up my Rogers mail account with an app password a few months back when Rogers started nagging people, and I've confirmed that it's still working find (sent a test e-mail to and from the account). So, the app password seems to work; I guess they've finally pulled the plug on the old security protocol.

Have you tried setting up an app password (not an "app")? All you should need to do is to generate one from the Rogers Member Centre as described in "My email client requires an App Password. How do I generate one in the Rogers Member Centre?" on the help page you found, then enter that instead of your usual password when prompted for by Thunderbird. It should prompt you when the old one fails;

If you can't get into the member centre, though, then I agree you have a problem. Make sure you're using the primary e-mail for your Rogers account as you can have several. Your usual password should work here as with other online mail clients. If you can't get in, I suggest you call or chat with Rogers support.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks SP,

I can't get into to do that at the moment.  I will contact technical support to see if they can help. So it's basically creating a password they generate which is presumably stronger than your current one.

Regards ...

I Plan to Stick Around

@Cholly wrote:

Thanks SP,

I can't get into to do that at the moment.  I will contact technical support to see if they can help. So it's basically creating a password they generate which is presumably stronger than your current one.

Regards ...

It also generates a unique password for each device.  This means if you lose your phone, tablet, etc.,  you can disable email on it by deleting the device on the page where you create the passwords.

My old passwords still work, but I have just completed converting all my email apps to this.

I've Been Around

How to migrate from Rogers Yahoo mail to Outlook?

We cut costs by purchasing a Microsoft Office package that didn't include Outlook some years ago with our last computer, and have been using Rogers Yahoo web based mail for many years as a result.  We are finally upgrading and our new computer will have Outlook.  Is there an easy (or complicated) way to migrate our email inbox/sent and other personal folders) from Rogers Yahoo mail to Outlook?  Thanks in advance!

I'm a Senior Contributor

@zygadena

There is no need to actually migrate. All you need to do is to use the IMAP settings to set up your rogers email address in Outlook.  It allows 2-way syncing, which means everything you do remotely is reflected in your Rogers Yahoo Mail account no matter where or how you access it. So you keep your Webmail and can also access your email through Outlook. Instructions are here.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/email-setup

I Plan to Stick Around

your Rogers settings are out of date

Why do I keep getting this pop-up, on an irregular, random basis? I ignore it and it goes away and everything is normal. Why is it appearing?

Hello @Saskey,

I know how annoying pop-up messages like this can be especially since it keeps happening even after ignoring it numerous times. =(

We'd like to investigate this for you to see what could be causing this. Where are you seeing the pop-ups and how long have you been noticing them? Have you tried using a pop-up blocker on your internet browser? Can you send us a screenshot of the pop-up the next time this happens?

We look forward to hearing back from you!

RogersTony