You must update your Rogers email account settings

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: You must update your Rogers email account settings

Thanks for the follow-up. It is infrequent and seemingly random (I do have an active pop-up blocker). It is not a big deal as I ignore it and it goes away, but just curious/concerned why it is occurring. When it next occurs, I will do a capture and send it along.

Thanks,

Craig.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thunderbird - One Rogers e-mail address not responding

Good evening all

I have 3 Rogers e-mail accounts. Two of which I have access through my phone, the other 1 through computer only. 

Until about a week ago, I have been able to access these accounts through Thunderbird, without a problem.

Now the one account is giving me the message: "Sending of password for user n*********k@rogers.com did not succeed. Mail server pop.mail.yahoo.com responded: Server error - Please try again later."

I am able to access this account through webmail (browser). But Thunderbird access is not working, where the other two accounts are.

I have checked the POP settings and all that other good stuff and all 3 accounts have the same settings.

I have tried to update (change) the password for the e-mail account in question, and have done so twice, updated through Thunderbird's password manager, and, same problem.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks for looking, all input is greatly appreciated, have yourself a great day, Nancylb999

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks, I tried the link included below and it instantly redirects me to the Rogers home page... 

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/home

I phoned Rogers support by phone and they told me they do not support Thunderbird, and therefore cannot help.

Anything alse you could offer would be appreciated.

Thanks

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I use Thunderbird, but with IMAP, not POP.  The settings I have are:

Server name: imap.broadband.rogers.com port 993

SSL/TLS

Normal password

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Nancylb999 : I believe the following link might be useful.

Note that not only do you need the correct settings in the client, but as mentioned throughout this thread, you may need to update to an App password.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/yahoo-member-centre

You can also see previous discussions in the following thread regarding Thunderbird, where certain e-mails were unable to send:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-send-email/m-p/418046#M50880

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I'm glad this is over .... I found it difficult to follow. Tech messages should use plain language. For example, and email client is an email program. The use of the word client trips me, and an email app is the email program on your smartphone.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The term "client" has been around for a long time with computers and not just for email.  On networks, there is often a server, that provides some function, such as file sharing, email, etc..  The users of those servers are known as clients.  The client/server model differs from peer to peer, where the devices have identical capabilities.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

o/k

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

@AMur wrote:

Thunderbird isn't specifically on the list of mail clients that need to update.   I realize that they can't list all clients, but since I use it I assume lots of others do too [self-deprecation].    Anyone know if this applys to Thunderbird?

Hi,

Today is March 19th, 2019.

Did you ever find your answer?

I did use T-Bird (60.5.3 (32-bit)) until issues sending, receiving, delays (up to 5 days!), etc.

A Rogers technician used a temp pw to troubleshoot and ever since, I cannot receive nor send email using that Thunderbird sub-account - Only FF (web mail)

Interestingly, my other 2 Rogers accounts (The main and the other sub-account) work.

The only difference between the 3 is I did not change their passwords.

Hypothesis <LOL>: This was the first pw change since the update announcement (which I was told did not apply to TBird). Maybe one has to reconfigure Tbird if one changes the password or similar...?

Thank you

Unfortunately Rogers does not support TBird...

Highlighted

Good evening @YtanyaY,

We know everyone has their own preference when it comes to checking their email and Thunderbird is a great option!

Thunderbird does require an App Password. Here is a list of programs that do require one:

• MS Outlook 2013/2010/2007/etc.
  • MS Outlook Express
  • Windows Live Mail
  • Mac Mail (pre-OS X El Capitan)
  • Mozilla Thunderbird
  • Older non-supported email clients (e.g. Eudora)

Could I get you to take a peek at our, “Updating your Rogers Yahoo! Email Settings” help article found, here?

It’ll guide you through creating an App Password. Once created, you should be able to plug that into Thunderbird and be on your way again.

Regards,

RogersTim