You must update your Rogers email account settings

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: You must update your Rogers email account settings

I see your issue now. One test I hadn't done was to actually "Sign Out". Seems I was just connecting with saved credentials - if I do sign out, then I'm popped into the Rogers Member Centre stuff,.

I agree, very annoying, and just the opposite of "A new and easy way to access your Rogers Yahoo email account. " as they claim. Well, maybe it is new, but it's not easier.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@User1750246 wrote:

Yahoo webmail login changes

Is this something Rogers has implemented? If so, where is the communication to this effect? With phising sites, malware and trojans, one has to be cautious.

k

Good point about being repeatedly asked for your password. People should not get complacent. Last week it was reported that iPhone’s habit of repeatedly requesting your Apple ID password with little or no explanation is also a security flaw. Attackers can craft extremely convincing phishing attacks to get people to just put in their password without realizing what they are doing. You can get sucked in by being redirected. 

I'm a Senior Contributor

@SheamusPatt wrote:

I see your issue now. One test I hadn't done was to actually "Sign Out". Seems I was just connecting with saved credentials - if I do sign out, then I'm popped into the Rogers Member Centre stuff,.

I agree, very annoying, and just the opposite of "A new and easy way to access your Rogers Yahoo email account. " as they claim. Well, maybe it is new, but it's not easier.

You are correct. It is not easier at all. What I have also found is that once I sign out, even though I checked "remember me" using the rogers member centre to sign in, that once I close the browser, I have had major issues. Upon loading the browser again and clicking on my Webmail, I am subjected to the famous rogers jumping beans. The page does not load. No matter what I click on, nothing worked. The only way I was able to get back in was to clear my cookies, as that ensures you are now signed out. It used to be that when using the yahoo log-in, it would could keep you signed in for 2 weeks. The only way I can be assured of getting back in now is to log out of my rogers account every time I close my browser (using Chrome). Simply put, the new redirects to the members centre are a total pain. Rogers needs to make this a whole lot easier. 

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@User1750246 wrote:
I know an email client can do it, but I was hoping to find a webmail service that downloaded the historical folders. Anybody know any webmail services that does that??

We are off topic, but I have been using Office Outlook for about 19 years and have managed to save all my sent and received emails plus attachments in an archived *.pst file for each year.  If you are interested in this approach let me know and I'll PM more info. 

I've Been Here Awhile

@BS wrote:

@57  Sounds like a reasonable guess (yours is as good as anyone's on this), but I don't use an email client on the yahoo email - in fact, I don't access it period, except to test when someone mentions something odd.

Any remaining email that ends up at my rogers yahoo account is immediately forwarded to my gmail account.  Although I did do so testing on old clients, so maybe you are right, maybe it has a record of us doing that.

I am reaching the point where my safest answer is: don't know why it works this way for you and not for others. 

It still remains to be seen what Verizon intends to do in the long run with Oath (the new brand name for the combined Yahoo and AOL).  They forced all verizon.net mail addresses into AOL accounts.

So the saga continues, again, why I moved everything.  But I will keep testing and supporting as much as I can on this one until it reaches some kind of conclusion.

Good luck all and keep bringing issues forward as this "migration" of security and merger of companies works itself out.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce for your direction in this matter. I decided to get an outlook.com email account because I could not get a decent gmail address. I use this for business as well.

It has nothing to do with using email clients etc... my last email client was in 2001 and that was Lotus Notes. I have a feeling Rogers wants to bring email in-house. How scary is that? Trick or Treat!

As it is, I am frustrated with Rogers. I literally have to call ever month to reset my MyRogers login to get my bill. Prices keep going up, services going down. This is it. Now that outlook is working, just a matter of time before I say BYE!

@User14The only reason i put my password in that box was because I called Rogers, listened to 35 mins of musack, and talked to a live CSR who confirmed it was their doing.

Be careful about pop-ups and sites that change or show up unexpectedly. They can easily be hijacks or phishing sites. Next thing you know - Yahoo and Equifax are answering to the US Congress.

I Plan to Stick Around

@User1750246 wrote:

Thanks Bruce for your direction in this matter. I decided to get an outlook.com email account because I could not get a decent gmail address. I use this for business as well.

You can get your own domain name, including for email, from Google.  It costs about $10/year U.S..  With that you can have your email address look like a "real" business.  You also get a DNS server, Google Docs and more.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57 wrote:

For accessing Webmail I have created new bookmarks specific for the two e-mail addresses I have changed and will create another two in a day or two...  Previously I only required one bookmark as all of my e-mail addresses were listed there...

Yesterday I created bookmarks for my e-mail sign-in page and was taken directly to my e-mails after typing my password.

Today, instead of taking me to my e-mails, I was taken to the member centre page where I had to click on "mail" at the top right of the screen.  An extra step compared to yesterday.  It also created a new tab in Firefox, which it didn't before when I clicked on "mail"

I guess we'll probably see more changes in the future...

I'm a Senior Advisor

Great idea @JKnott to @User1750246

Here is the link to Google's options for small business domain .extensions.

https://support.google.com/domains/answer/6010092?hl=en&_ga=2.86877592.120085749.1508640182-12020873...

They aren't the only player, but it makes me think I will mention it to my wife.

Bruce

I'm a Senior Advisor

My login process went back to the old, log into Yahoo, and it goes right to my mail and it doesn't take me to the member centre, but if I log out, it goes to the centre.

But I don't have that double step on login anymore today.  Guess there is still some tinkering going on as they make these changes to the interface of Rogers versus Yahoo.

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

i finally gave in and put all my rogers email accts to IMAP using laptop LiveMail. Cant login in thru yahoo web but never do that anyway.

On my android smartphone mail app,bluemail, all my rogers accts now require revalidation!!! And even giving address/password the revalidation hangs.

I deleted all the rogers accts on android and recreated them using NOT Yahoo (it hangs) but the "other mail" option. It finds acct nicely and logs in no problem.