You must update your Rogers email account settings

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JKnott
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: You must update your Rogers email account settings

@evsteinberg wrote:

BTW I know people who say they never received notice about the change from Rogers. Is that possible?

I haven't received any notification about this.

Dugi
I'm a Senior Contributor

@User1750246 wrote:

Yahoo webmail login changes

I login to my Rogers email account through the yahoo portal. But in the past few logins, I get re-directed to a "rogers" page and I have to put my password to continue to my webmail.

Is this something Rogers has implemented? If so, where is the communication to this effect? With phising sites, malware and trojans, one has to be cautious.

Also, can I switch it off? Passwords are like keys. The less copies out there, the less chances of break-in. Don't need to keep passwording here there ad everywhere.

k

I am experiencing the same thing. As far as I am concerned, rogers is hijacking my page. It is really annoying because as Bruce mentioned, the process of signing into your email is no longer seamless. Sometimes it does not even work as I am forced to watch the rogers jumping beans while waiting to log in. Please rogers, restore the previous functionality and stop hijacking our pages. The member centre page for logging in simply does not cut it!

RichardF
I Plan to Stick Around

I think that's more of s client issue than email provider. Outlook for example can keep mail on your hard drive and you can create archives.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Today I noticed the same thing as others discussed above recently regarding Webmail. I had previously bookmarked my sign-in page and could login to Rogers Webmail from there. Today, an extra click was required, taking me to a Rogers page where I had to enter the Webmail password instead.

Previously, my plan was to wait until November 2nd to see what happened, but after this recent development, I thought I'd better get my App Password(s) now in case things went south on November 2nd for me. If that were to happen, I'm sure it would be difficult to get a competent Rogers CSR for assistance...

I utilized the instructions previously provided and got the App Passwords for two of my four e-mail accounts.  The procedure was seamless and my Outlook client works just as before.  I tested sending from one e-mail address to another.  I'll leave it like this for a day or so and then do my remaining e-mail addresses. (I have four because I have a personal one, a "business" one, one for my wife and one "disposable" for web activity.)

I'm sure many people have already made the change to App Password(s), however, there are probably many others who have not done so. I wish them luck in early November.  Of course this only impacts the applicable e-mail clients, like older Outlook, and you should always be able to utilize Webmail.

For accessing Webmail I have created new bookmarks specific for the two e-mail addresses I have changed and will create another two in a day or two...  Previously I only required one bookmark as all of my e-mail addresses were listed there...

User1750246
I've Been Here Awhile

I know an email client can do it, but I was hoping to find a webmail service that downloaded the historical folders. Anybody know any webmail services that does that??
BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

@User1750246

In my experience, I had no issues with porting all the folders and past email to my gmail account and I pulled over close to 10,000 emails and did it on three accounts of my own and two of my wife's.

And for the question also raised - can you have more than one Gmail account - no limit, in fact it provides for more free google drive storage that way too.

You choose a primary account for your Google accounts if you are working from an Android device, and that account manages your phone google play and other google services, and you just add each of your additional emails.  You can view them seperately or have them all available in your email service.  My wife currently manages 4 email accounts on gmail in one application as she has one personal account on Gmail, and 3 related to different businesses she runs.

Here is a link for porting your mail.  Do not delete your yahoo mail messages until you know you got tham all.

https://www.lifewire.com/import-your-yahoo-mail-messages-and-contacts-into-gmail-1172011

You will end up with new folders in your gmail account with your yahoo address as a top level folder, and each folder under that top level folder.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

@evsteinberg  Yes, you can have as many gmail accounts as you want and you can manage them within whatever client or online method you wish to use.

See my reply to @User1750246 in reference to porting your old mail, I comment there too on ability to have multiple gmail accounts.

Bruce

SheamusPatt
I Plan to Stick Around

Oddly enough, while I have long had a @rogers.com e-mail address, I can log in to the Yahoo portal (I assume you mean https://mail.yahoo.com) and don't find myself being redirected anywhere. It looks pretty much the same as it did a month or two ago. I also tried going to http://mail.rogers.com and was still redirected to mail.yahoo.com. It's all working (I sent myself a new e-mail just to make sure it was picking up new mail). 

Seems strange that only some Rogers e-mail users are being  redirected to their new member centre.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@SheamusPatt:

If I use your first link, I get to the Yahoo "portal", however, as soon as I click on one of my e-mail addresses, I'm sent to a Rogers log-in to put in my Webmail password.

A new and easy way to access your Rogers Yahoo email account. Please login with your @rogers.com or @nl.rogers.com email address and password.

If I use your second link, I'm sent to the Rogers log-in right away and need to enter my e-mail address and password.  As I mentioned in my previous post, I have now "bookmarked" this link, which contains my e-mail address in the URL, so I only need to enter the Webmail password.

I suspect the Rogers/Yahoo website "knows" if you have accessed your e-mail via a client like "older" Outlook without OAuth and then you are redirected...

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

@57  Sounds like a reasonable guess (yours is as good as anyone's on this), but I don't use an email client on the yahoo email - in fact, I don't access it period, except to test when someone mentions something odd.

Any remaining email that ends up at my rogers yahoo account is immediately forwarded to my gmail account.  Although I did do so testing on old clients, so maybe you are right, maybe it has a record of us doing that.

I am reaching the point where my safest answer is: don't know why it works this way for you and not for others. 

It still remains to be seen what Verizon intends to do in the long run with Oath (the new brand name for the combined Yahoo and AOL).  They forced all verizon.net mail addresses into AOL accounts.

So the saga continues, again, why I moved everything.  But I will keep testing and supporting as much as I can on this one until it reaches some kind of conclusion.

Good luck all and keep bringing issues forward as this "migration" of security and merger of companies works itself out.

Bruce