You must update your Rogers email account settings

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: You must update your Rogers email account settings

@davehooper wrote:

@JKnott: I'm using POP and SMTP with my Thunderbird. OAuth2 is not an option for the POP side.

Given that Yahoo is deprecating POP, why not move to IMAP?  Also, if you're using multiple devices for email, you're better off with IMAP anyway.

I've Been Around

I've been getting in browser messages about this almost every time I load a webpage. Is there a way to turn these messages off? I've already made the adjustments they outline.

I've Been Here Awhile

Im having same issue, open a ticket regarding the browser message(redirect/popup/superimposed)

ent back reply saying no issue found perhaps we need to send a tech .... its been mentioned here 3times now so seems its happening .... We need a fix ....

I'm Here A Lot

Now that we're talking about Thunderbird:

I have 2  rogers email accounts, one for home and one for work.  

I had success getting the home account working:

1. I created an App password for the home account.

2. Went to Tools>Options>Security>Passwords and deleted the saved password for the home account (the mailbox://pop.broadband.rogers.com) .

3. Tried to download messages for home account, and got prompted to enter a password.

4. Entered the App password, with the Remember Password option checked.

5. The password for the outgoing server (smtp) is still my old password.

6. Good: I can send and receive mail to and from this home account.

What about my work account?   Repeating this process, I tried using the same App password for the work account (it's the same Thunderbird client, same PC), got error msg: "Sending of password ... did not succeed.  Please try again later."

So I created a 2nd App Password for the work account and using the same process  I added this password to Thunderbird's saved passwords list.

I'm still getting the same error msg for the work account.   I can send messages from my work account, but can't receive any.

I'd be grateful if someone can tell me where I'm going wrong.  Also, is it correct that I should continue to use the old password for the outgoing smtp server?

I've Been Around

Did you use the same "old" password for your HOME and WORK accounts ?

If so, that might be the problem.

I've Been Here Awhile

For the last week i have been getting a superimposed/redirect/popup (unsure what it actually is) message from rogers when i open up tabs or links. The message usually is quick but is crashing the page and giving me "The connection was reset" page, but loads the page once i use the reload button. It is happening when i open multiply tabs and when i'm trying single tabs aswell. On the message it does not have a button i can press or box to tick to not continue recieveing the email message as ive already reset the account passwords. I opened a ticket with rogers but recieved an email this morning saying they can't find the issue (yet its been brought up on the longer email password change thread) so it is an issue. very annoying can someone help ?

I'm Here A Lot

@romulus wrote:

Did you use the same "old" password for your HOME and WORK accounts ?

If so, that might be the problem.

Thanks.   No, I've always had different passwords for the home and work accounts.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I still haven't received a notification from Rogers about this change, and I can still access my Rogers email account on my various devices. 

I'm Here A Lot

I have updated my email account settings on my desktop computer. Is it necessary to repeat this process on my laptop or can I just paste the password generated for desktop into the server of the laptop.

I've Been Here Awhile

So, what are the changes you expect for using Mozilla Thunderbird? I have already been using my full email address as the username and SSL security. Do I need to change the pop server address and/or port?