You must update your Rogers email account settings

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: You must update your Rogers email account settings

I sent a Twitter message to @RogersHelps on how to implement this new App Password with multiple accounts, on multiple devices, with multiple software clients/apps.

They eventually got around to answering my question with this response (my emphasis added):

Sorry that you didn't find that helpful. I've looked into it for you and you just need to reset the password 1 time per email then enter that new password on each device that asks for the new password. Does that help clarify? 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have gried several times to generate a web password by following the directions provided  However, each time when I got to my account page and re-entered my email address and password, I got the following message:  "!We are sorry but the system is not available."

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@AnneSimcoe wrote:

I have gried several times to generate a web password by following the directions provided  However, each time when I got to my account page and re-entered my email address and password, I got the following message:  "!We are sorry but the system is not available."

That wouldn't be because it's been hacked, would it? Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm still confused. I keep my original password for webmail and to access my Rogers email account settings.

My wife uses Windows Live Mail on TWO different computers. If she gets an app password for Windows Live Mail does that cover BOTH computers or does she require a separate app password for each?

In my case I have a desktop using Outlook, an Android tablet using Outlook Mobile app and two tablets using Windows 10 Mail app. I have more than one email account .

It appears that for each email account I need one app password for Outlook (Windows) and that I do nothing for Outlook (Android).

Same question about Windows 10 Mail as Windows Live Mail - is that one app password or one per machine?

UPDATE

Called the number given in the email for help. The tech couldn't help and transferred my call.

The next tech said I shouldn't worry about it until I had trouble with my email. He couldn't answer my questions and transferred my call.

Got the automated message and am now waiting for a call back.

Got dropped during the call back.

So called back. As I understand it (1) changes must be made within 30 days (2) it is one app password per email account per email client. So same password on Windows Live mail regardless of how many machines.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thats a REALLY intertesting response.   I guess they assume one never needs immediate access to email for critical msg(s)?

What is even more interesting is that the CSRs dont have scripts for this.

Rogers MANAGEMENT of tech issues (aside from the actual tech skills) has always been appaling.

You'd really think that a major change like this with its potential to annoy or inconvenience a lot of people would have been carefule stage managed.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't think I have been hacked.  I am able to log in to see my emails, no problem. But when I click on my  "Account Info", it takes me to the following "rogersmembercentre" webpage: https://rogersmembercentre.com/rmcapp/remc.html#/signin

This takes me to a Welcome page that states:  

"A new and easy way to manage your Rogers email account.  Please login with your @rogers.com or @nl.rogers.com email address and password."

When I sign in on this Welcome page with my Rogers Email and Password, that is when I get the message, "We are sorry but the system is not available"  Has anyone else had this problem?  I am hoping that Rogers will review this issue and correct it.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I think this one is going to be a confusing one for many of us.  It would appear that current apps, like:

• Mail on iPhones and iPads running iOS 9.0 and above
  • Mail on macOS 10.11/El Capitan and above
  • Users of the Gmail client on Android phones and tablets running Lollipop/5.0 or newer
  • Users of the Outlook Mobile app
  • Users of the Yahoo! Mail app

On my current computers, I have also found that Microsoft Store version of Mail on Windows 10 if you set it up for Yahoo Mail configuration, worked fine, as well as the new version of Thunderbird which also gives the ability to set up without the app key.

My Q10 also had no issues again using Yahoo setup.

So guess if your app has the ability to set up with yahoo setup, it must be accepting the app.

I may dig out an old version of MS outlook which I don't have installed with my office, because I do everything via web mail.

So, it seems like there may be some who will run into issues - I can just imagine my father-in-law when his old Outlook setup fails, if it does, I will get a call and I will be saying, sorry dad, I don't have a clue - call tech support and have them walk you through it.  Grumble, grumble, swear.

Hope he has success.

Keep reporting your success and failures with going forward with this issue.  And I suspect we will not be able to get a consistent answer here on the forums until some of who test things can figure it out, and the exceptions to the posted information currently provided gets worked out.

I also do ask why this isn't high profile on the MyRogers page - yes it appears that some will get an email or notice, but why not keep it high profile in the logical places we go.

Bruce

Bruce

P.S.  and Rogers should be careful on this one - there are many out there, including myself that the only thing keeping us with Rogers is that we have had the email for decades and are reluctant to give it up.

Make it too difficult for those who have been happily just communicating and haven't touched our setups and it may be the last straw for us to leave.  

Except to change to IMAP, deal with the recent concerns for Yahoo hacks, the certificate issues, and now this - before that, all I ever did was reset up things when I upgraded computers or software, and they even had an online tool for a long time that set it up for us.

Surprised the competitor hasn't come out and started to advertise, we have reliable and easy to use email with Microsoft, easily accessable via any email client, their own products, or on any device out there.

We will have to see how this all goes, but it isn't looking pretty at the moment.

I will keep testing and try to find out a clear answer based upon my collection of apps, old and new.

Bruce

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

If they make it high profile that will only increase the call volumes...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Bruce: I'm not sure if you should take comfort in that your accounts are working today. The question is whether they will work 30 days from now when the changes go into effect. I was told that we had 30 days to make the changes after that time we won't be able to access our mail.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@mrbrimi  Thanks for that update - I was wondering if there was a drop dead date - someone had asked earlier, but until you brought it forward there had been silence.

You know that deafening silence, we so often get from Rogers.  Just my opinion based upon the last few years of service that changes are ofen not reported well, or if at all, and support is often poorly implemented, and we often have to figure it out on our own, bit by bit.

So I revise everything I said about my apps - to be determined depending upon whether they keep working after the suggested 30 days.

And even though I can lock all my devices, I also secure my communications, using a strict regular change password design that is manageable, and very unlikely that anyone could ever figure out the original base, let alone how I choose to modify it every month.  I don't want to permentaly set in a saved password to my email.

That completely defeats security.  Uggh - Yahoo and Rogers (what a pair).

Bruce