cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yahoo.com domain no longer accessible

Glenn-Toronto
I plan to stick around

Up until yesterday, I could go to mail.yahoo.com and access either one of my two email addresses. One has a Rogers.com domain name, the other one (my principal address) has a yahoo.com domain name. As of yesterday, when I sign through that portal I am redirected to a rogersmembercentre sign in page that does not support email addresses with a yahoo.com domain name (although it seems to support yahoo.ca). As a result, I can’t access my principal email account with 20 years of history. The mail.yahoo.com portal recognizes my IP address as being in Canada, so automatically redirects me to the rogersmembercentre sign-in page. That page is useless to me, since it won’t accept email addresses with yahoo.com domain names. There is no other portal to sign in. Even if I try switching to a US or UK portal (like yahoo.co.uk) it senses my IP address as Canadian and reroutes me to the Rogers page. Short of now having to subscribe to a VPN service to mask my IP address, is there any solution? I’m not aware of one. When I called Rogers I got a support rep in Halifax who didn’t understand the issue at all and just kept telling me to clear my cache.

***EDITED LABELS***

24 REPLIES 24

Re: Yahoo.com domain no longer accessible

Scorner
I've been around

I am not even a Rogers customer and I am now getting access to Yahoo.com email redirected. I logged into a friend's Rogers account (she has passed away), just to ensure that all the billing, etc., had been stopped (I have her correct username and password).  Now I can't get into MY yahoo.com mail!  I am redirected to Rogers Member page!  Useless.  Yahoo mail is fine on my iPad, but that is not helping when I need to access attachments to print.  What is the solution?

@Scorner try clearing the history, cookies and everything else on the browser and then restart the browser prior to attempting to access your yahoo.com email.  If that doesn't work, reboot the pc, and then give it another attempt.

Glenn-Toronto
I plan to stick around
I made the original post here 5 years ago. I never found a solution and haven’t been able to access my Yahoo account in 5 years. I simply gave up and created a new email account with much pain that goes along with that.

It is definitely possible to access an alternative Yahoo email, other than the one provided by Rogers. Had the same issue after cancelling Rogers. Yahoo kept redirecting to the rogers email. Just removed all Yahoo cookies from Chrome and could login with my other yahoo email.

Topic Stats