cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yahoo.com domain no longer accessible

Glenn-Toronto
I plan to stick around

Up until yesterday, I could go to mail.yahoo.com and access either one of my two email addresses. One has a Rogers.com domain name, the other one (my principal address) has a yahoo.com domain name. As of yesterday, when I sign through that portal I am redirected to a rogersmembercentre sign in page that does not support email addresses with a yahoo.com domain name (although it seems to support yahoo.ca). As a result, I can’t access my principal email account with 20 years of history. The mail.yahoo.com portal recognizes my IP address as being in Canada, so automatically redirects me to the rogersmembercentre sign-in page. That page is useless to me, since it won’t accept email addresses with yahoo.com domain names. There is no other portal to sign in. Even if I try switching to a US or UK portal (like yahoo.co.uk) it senses my IP address as Canadian and reroutes me to the Rogers page. Short of now having to subscribe to a VPN service to mask my IP address, is there any solution? I’m not aware of one. When I called Rogers I got a support rep in Halifax who didn’t understand the issue at all and just kept telling me to clear my cache.

***EDITED LABELS***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Yahoo.com domain no longer accessible

XSheldon
I've been here awhile

Hi,

I figured out how to resolve my problem. I went to yahoo.com and noticed the page showed that I was still signed-in with my Rogers email ID. So I signed out from my Roger's email ID and re-enter yahoo.com page to sign-in with my Yahoo email ID. Then I'm able to access yahoo email without being redirected to rogersmembercentre sign-in page. Hope this is helpful for others. 

Cheers,

Sheldon

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

ASP1
I'm here a lot

You are still lucky that till yesterday your rogers and Yahoo mail was working! and if Halifax Tech support says that they are not aware of it!!!! THEY ARE SIMPLY NOT TELLING THE TRUTH.

In my case, I don't have my email access since 12 August 2017, Mail box is deleted either by Rogers or Yahoo and I been told that it's up to Yahoo to create mailbox!!!!  and almost every day I been calling and Rogers people blaming Yahoo,  saying even they (Rogers Engineers) don't have direct link to communicate with Yahoo. Only way Rogers have communication with Yahoo is every 2 week via conference call (  As I was told by one of the Rogers Engineer). Also I been told by Rogers many times that they are in process of getting rid of Yahoo and start their own Mail servers.

In either case they can create a mailbox and link it to my Rogers email address but seems like no one at Rogers have a pride to take ownership to create a simple mailbox or either they are just "Engineer" by title only and having no knowledge of skills to fix this issue.  I am very disappointed by Rogers so Called " BEST SERVICE".

I wish Rogers just stop giving untruthful answers to customer and tell the the truth whatever it it.

Regards,

ASP

Glenn-Toronto
I plan to stick around
Wow. Thanks. Ultimately I think I’ll either need to subscribe to a VPN service to mask my IP address, or sign in to my yahoo.com account when I am in the States next month. I’m hearing lots of similar horror stories.

Dugi
I'm a senior contributor

Every time rogers makes changes to their service, in this case the members centre login, the horror stories abound. We customers seem to be beta testers as rogers always introduces these changes without thinking things through or before they are fully tested and fully functional. Grrrrrrr!

Jeffj
I plan to stick around

With how many times Yahoo has been compromised, which is the entire reason rogers has had to jump through 900 hoops and go down 3 rabbit holes for authentication, I am SURPRISED nay one actually uses them for mail anymore, let alone at all.... 

Bluenoser2
I've been around

A couple of days ago I ran into a related problem on my iPad, my I have a rogers.com e-address for my Yahoo account.  When I tried to go to it on my iPad, it redirects to the rogersmembercentre screen, which then hangs.  As of tonight the same is happening on my Windows 10 PC.

Glenn-Toronto
I plan to stick around

Yes, I have heard other horror stories. The source of the problem seems to be a bit different than I first thought. At first I thought that when I was trying to access my yahoo.com email account, it saw I had a Canadian IP address and redirected me to the new rogers sign-in page. However, when I used a US based IP address through a VPN service, I got the same problem. I think that because my yahoo.com and rogers.com email accounts were linked or merged as part of the former Yahoo/Rogers partnership, now whenever I try and access my yahoo.com account it automatically directs me to the new rogers sign-in page .... which doesn't accept my yahoo.com account as valid. So I need to get those two accounts unmarked and uncoupled somehow. I have no objection to changing my email address, other than I have 20+ years of email history and contacts in my yahoo.com account that I cannot now access.

Hello, @Glenn-Toronto

@Thank you for posting your concerns in the Community. I certainly appreciate your position, it's important to have access to the email account which is being in use for 20+ years. My email account was unmerged as well, however, it is @yahoo.ca and I have no issues accessing it or the account info and it'll not get redirected to Rogers Members Centre. 

@Glenn-Toronto wrote:

I think that because my yahoo.com and rogers.com email accounts were linked or merged as part of the former Yahoo/Rogers partnership, now whenever I try and access my yahoo.com account it automatically directs me to the new rogers sign-in page .... which doesn't accept my yahoo.com account as valid. 

@are you only getting redirected when you are trying to access the account info? Are you able to access your @yahoo.com email? 

Looking forward to seeing a solution, keep us posted.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Glenn-Toronto
I plan to stick around

I am not actually able to access my yahoo.com email account at all from anywhere. Here is what happens. No matter what portal I try and sign in from (mail.yahoo.com or any other access point through Verizon-Yahoo or any other Yahoo portal), I can input my USERID@yahoo.com, but as soon as I click "next" to get to the password input, it always auto redirects me to the new rogers sign-in page. That page does not recognize my USERID@yahoo.com so won't allow me to input any password. That's where I hit a wall.  I do have a yahoo.ca account that I don't use, but I tried the same sign-in process and I have no issue with it. The issue is specific to my yahoo.com account only. Probably because at one point it got linked or merged to my rogers.com account. The issue is that I can't access the yahoo.com account from anywhere, and I know people are emailing me stuff ... it gets delivered ... but I can't access it to see it .... let alone all kinds of important information in my yahoo.com mailbox. Someone Rogers needs to unlink my yahoo.com account or unmerge it. I can't do that at my end. I've have no success at all in talking to any tech reps over the phone. I'd have no issue changing my main email address if I could only have access to my yahoo.com account to manage that process. I suppose I should have seen all this coming 😉

Roehl_MD
I've been here awhile

I've come to a point that I need my @yahoo.com, has there been a solution from Rogers/Yahoo? or is there any workaround?

How did you managed it Glenn-Toronto? Did you simply abandon your old @yahoo.com account?

Yahoo Email redirects to rogers.com

My yahoo email address is somehow linked to rogers account and when I try to login to yahoomail 9desktop/phone) it keep redirecting me to https://rogersmembercentre.com/rmcapp/remc.html#/changePassword.

I talked to yahoo support and they are saying that its not at their end and asked to contact rogers and have you escalate this issue to yahoo canada supports. I live in USA right now and hence the US yahoo support cannot do much.

Can someone here look into my issue which is going on since couple of months. My yahoo account is 18 years old and its my life  being my primary account. As soon as login via dekstop browser or yahoomail app, it redirects me to rogersmembercenter which is really strange. Someone needs to disconnect the link between my yahoo email and rogers.

Please help!

***Edited: Removed personal info***

Hello @candyresidence,

Welcome to the Community Forums, and thanks for your post.

I can certainly understand the importance of having access to email, especially an address that's existed for many years!

Did you previously have an @rogers email address? We may need some additional information to have this rectified for you.  Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps.  For more information on our Private Message system, please see this page.

RogersShaun

Roehl_MD
I've been here awhile

Thanks RogerShaun.

I have this email @yahoo.com long before Rogers merged with Yahoo, I had that account for more than 20 years. When Rogers separated with Yahoo, I could no longer access my @yahoo.com email. I tried recovery using alternate emails, all phone numbers I can remember but didn't work.

I contacted Rogers customer support 3 times, but all the same, directed me to contact Yahoo. They should know better that there is no direct contact for public to Yahoo, where Rogers would have a back channel with Yahoo for issues related to the separation, and since the problem is not of our making. I also sent a message to Rogers customer satisfaction but didn't have a response, where as promised to get back after 2 to 3 days.

As suggested, I created a new @yahoo.com email account. My old @yahoo.com email is still active since emails can still be sent to that address without rejection, and some of my verifications are still based on that old @yahoo.com email. The problem is that I could not read emails anymore on the old @yahoo mail and I could not access important information I saved for years.

This is a simple technical problem but need some coordination with Yahoo, I hope RogerShaun this can be rectified, thanks.

Thank you for reaching out to us via Private Message, @Roehl_MD!

We thank you for the additional information you provided us with.

We'll look forward to your reply, so we can discuss this matter more in depth.

RogersMaude

I have found two work arounds to access my yahoo.com email account. 1. I am now using thunderbird mail program to access my yahoo.com mail on my desktop which is running Linux.  2. On my android tablet I configured access to my yahoo.com mail account using the mail program that comes standard with android, it is just called email.

XSheldon
I've been here awhile

Hi,

I have the same problem after I terminated the Internet with Rogers and lost my Roger's email account. Now when I enter mail.yahoo.com, I am always redirected to rogersmembercentre sign in page. I can't sign in to my yahoo email account unfortunately!!!

I called Roger's Internet tech support, and was only told that I have to call Yahoo support. I looks that I'm stuck between Rogers and Yahoo. 

If someone has resolved this, would really appreciate your help. Thanks a lot!

Sheldon

XSheldon
I've been here awhile

Hi,

I figured out how to resolve my problem. I went to yahoo.com and noticed the page showed that I was still signed-in with my Rogers email ID. So I signed out from my Roger's email ID and re-enter yahoo.com page to sign-in with my Yahoo email ID. Then I'm able to access yahoo email without being redirected to rogersmembercentre sign-in page. Hope this is helpful for others. 

Cheers,

Sheldon

Hi @XSheldon!

Welcome to our Community!

Thank you for taking the time to share the solution that worked for you. I'm certain it will be of help to other users in the future. 🙂

Regards,

RogersCorey

Glenn-Toronto
I plan to stick around

Yahoo mail redirected to rogersmembercentre (again)

This problem surfaced for me in 2017. I could not access my yahoo.com email account because every time I tried to log on from the Yahoo! portal there was an automatic redirect to the rogersmembercentre page. After much pain in 2017, a Rogers tech somehow fixed that at his end. Now the problem has resurfaced, and when I call support I get a run around and the techs deny it’s a Rogers issue (even though in 2017 they admitted it was a Rogers issue, and fixed it). I am getting nowhere. Was there ever a published solution to this? I know a lot of people experienced the same problem in 2017. Now it’s happened again, and I can’t get any techs to acknowledge the problem.

I called Rogers again today, as nobody called me back when I first put in a service ticket on August 12th. They actually closed that ticket without fixing the issue. Today I was told that this wasn't something Rogers could fix at their end, and that I needed to speak to the (non-existent) tech support at Yahoo!. Yahoo! already had emailed me that they "don't support these issues" ... unless I want to upgrade to a $5/month premium plan. Anyway, I explained to the Rogers rep today that Rogers actually was able to fix the problem at their end in October 2017, so why is it now a Yahoo! problem that Rogers can't fix? But I just kept getting the response that this is a Yahoo! issue.

I suppose a customer focused company would have their tech reps contact Yahoo! directly on the customer's behalf to resolve this, instead of putting the customer through such a spin cycle ... after all, the problem was caused by the inadequate technical plan that went into the Rogers/Yahoo! separation in 2017 ... it wasn't cause by the customers. 

Not consistently.. but it seems like at random I will get dumped at the members center page.
(its like during the auth process from the yahoo to rogers, it forgets where it was trying to go and just drops me there).

Its a pain, but at least can still get to the email.
Should be the MAIL button top right corner.

Topic Stats