Xbox Live and SMCD3GN

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Xbox Live and SMCD3GN

It really couldn't hurt to use either port triggering or port forwarding.

I'm Here A Lot

Im going back to Express. My online gaming experience have been horrendous after the upgrade to Extreme Plus. On express. I had no problem using my own modem and playing online games while downloading. With this new modem bridge to my wireless router it is causing lots of lag and disconnects. I would think that upgrading to a high tier I would be able to download at a limit and play online games simultaneously without any issues.

I've Been Here Awhile

hi I am trying to get two xbox's working on one smg3gn router, can someone tell me exatly what settings to apply on the port triggering portian because ive been trying:

TYPE: TCP  TRIGGER PORT: 52~54 TARGET PORT: 53 INTERVAL: 30000ms? IP REPLACEMENT: N/A 3RD HOST INT: N/A

TYPE: UDP  TRIGGER PORT: 52~54 TARGET PORT: 53 INTERVAL: 30000ms? IP REPLACEMENT: N/A 3RD HOST INT: N/A

TYPE: TCP  TRIGGER PORT: 87~89 TARGET PORT: 88 INTERVAL: 30000ms? IP REPLACEMENT: N/A 3RD HOST INT: N/A

TYPE: TCP  TRIGGER PORT: 79~81 TARGET PORT: 80 INTERVAL: 30000ms? IP REPLACEMENT: N/A 3RD HOST INT: N/A

TYPE: TCP  TRIGGER PORT: 3073~3075 TARGET PORT: 3074 INTERVAL: 30000ms? IP REPLACEMENT: N/A 3RD HOST INT: N/A

TYPE: TCP  TRIGGER PORT: 3073~3075 TARGET PORT: 3074 INTERVAL: 30000ms? IP REPLACEMENT: N/A 3RD HOST INT: N/A

im still moderate nat.

PS. am i suposed to be doing anything with the DMZ?

PPS. uPnP is enabled

thanks

I Plan to Stick Around

Just turn off the Firewall in the SMC, problem solved, as turning off the firewall essentially opens up all the ports.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for your quick responce.

If you mean unselelecting "enable firewall module" i already tried that with no luck. one of the xbox's still has a moderate NAT

I Plan to Stick Around

@TheyCallMeMista wrote:

Thank you for your quick responce.

If you mean unselelecting "enable firewall module" i already tried that with no luck. one of the xbox's still has a moderate NAT

if its only on one of the xbox's then you have to direct your attention to that one xbox, if it was the SMC it would be effecting all the game systems, have you tried a hard reset of the SMC just incase too. NAT should be seen as type 2 on the game system.

p.s.

sorry type 2 is showned on a PS3, dont know how it shows up on a 360.

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm sorry I didnt clarify earlier, but the only reason the NAT on the working Xbox is set to open/type 2? is because i used port fowarding and DMZ with a static ip address set on the xbox. unfortunantly i can only do that with the one xbox.earlier in this post someone mentioned a way to keep the ports needed for xbox open by using port triggering, but im just not sure how.

thanks.

I Plan to Stick Around

you can assign a static IP address to both xbox's and use the same IP as the one in your DMZ, you just wont be able to use both xbox's at the same time bbahaha

I've Been Around

HOW??
Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Welcome to the Community @RatedME Smiley Happy

Could you clarify what you are trying to do?

Im sure the Community will be able to assistSmiley Happy

RogersAsif