XB6 Modem, using port forwarding or DMZ blocks all ipv4 traffic after about an hour

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

XB6 Modem, using port forwarding or DMZ blocks all ipv4 traffic after about an hour

Hi,

I recently got ignite tv and upgraded my internet service to 500u as well. As a result i received the xb6 modem. After initial setup everything works fine, but when i attempt to use port forwarding or dmz, the ipv4 traffic eventually gets blocked. IPV6 works at this time. The blockage seems to occur at the next dhcp renewal time for the wan ipv4, after setting up any kind of port forwarding or dmz.

Once  blocked, i can ping any website that is an ipv6 address, such as google or youtube, but not any ipv4 addresses, they time out.

Is there a bug in the modems firmware?

***Added Labels***

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Re: XB6 Modem, using port forwarding or DMZ blocks all ipv4 traffic after about an hour

Hello @Berkhof,

Welcome to our Rogers Community Forums and great post :)!

I personally have not used the Ignite TV service (XB6 modem) but many of our Community members are using it, including our Resident Experts, @Gdkitty and If I'm not mistaken, @Datalink.

Anyone else in the Community, feel free to chime in with input :). I'll tag a couple of our knowledgeable Community members as well, @Nick_W and @Biollw.

Cheers,

RogersCilio

I'm Here A Lot

Re: XB6 Modem, using port forwarding or DMZ blocks all ipv4 traffic after about an hour

Thanks for tagging some folks.

I'm a Senior Contributor

I am not using VB6 in gateway mode, I bridged it. Using my own equipment/router much better control and usability.

I find the VB6 in gateway mode lacking in features, logging and control.

Good Luck

Bill

I'm Here A Lot

@Biollw do you also have the tv set top box units setup on your own network as well?

I'm a Senior Contributor

Yes 3 of them. All running fine including Netflix. 2 hard wired 1 wireless.

You must have Ignite TV in order to get the VB6 unit.

Bill

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

XB6, XB6, not VB6 ........  I've sent a message to the engineering staff to have a look at this.  Don't know when I'll see a response.

https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Arris_TG3482ER

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&called...

I'm Here A Lot

thanks @Datalink

I've Been Around

I am having the exact same issue, I contacted Rogers and they are of no help. If anyone can assist that would be great

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I am not having the issues here.

I have about 4-5 ports forwarded, no DMZ.

IPV4 seems stable and fine, as I have legacy devices which are not v6 capable which still work.