XB6 Modem Settings/Requests/Firmware Discussion

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kibosh
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: XB6 Modem Settings/Requests/Firmware Discussion

And I am still on CGM4140COM_4.4p8s1_PROD_sey and have been for some time. I seem to only receive firmware that have been deemed stable for some time.

I guess the newer version with the reservation issues was easier to downgrade.
kibosh
I Plan to Stick Around

And last night I received CGM4140COM_4.4p10s2_PROD_sey . . . way behind what some others are reporting here.

user216432
I've Been Around

I want to thank everyone on this forum for documenting various issues with the XB6 after spending too long on the phone with a technical support representative who had no idea of any of the issues described here with the XB6.

I will add my vote to what was proposed by others before.

1. A way to completely disable Wi-Fi

2. In bridge mode for everything not absolutely required to be turned off and for the fan to always be off

3. Allow us to use the Technicolor TC4400

The current state of the XB6 should be made illegal by regulations and is the poster child of a badly behaving device. Would all connected device in a home behave like the XB6 it would be at best very inefficient.

#3 is especially disappointing because resellers allow the basic TC4400 on Rogers own network.

This latest "upgrade" to the XB6 is not enough for me to cancel my service but, in 11 months at renewal times it will feature prominently in the "cons" column and if price is competitive would be enough for me to switch. In my view Rogers has 11 months to fix these issues.

When users are considering cracking open their hardware to fix their device, it should be clear that at the very least for some users it does not adequately meet their requirements. A simple device like the TC4400 should always be an options for those who prefer or require such setup.

Mayoo
I Plan to Stick Around

Got this now 

eMTA & DOCSIS Software Version:Prod_19.3_d31 & Prod_19.3
Software Image Name:CGM4140COM_4.6p9s1_PROD_sey
Advanced Services:CGM4140COM
Packet Cable:2.0
Don_Ca
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I do not know when I got this, but I have:

eMTA & DOCSIS Software Version:Prod_19.3_d31 & Prod_19.3
Software Image Name:CGM4140COM_4.6p12s1_PROD_sey

Someone on DSL Reports had this:

CGM4140COM_4.8p8s1_PROD_sey

But had the modem replaced and it only updated to the same as I have.  
PeteyGee
I've Been Here Awhile

Just in case some users here are aware, i found the issue and posted the answer in two other less popular posts.

I am reposting here to make sure anyone subscribed to only this post gets the info:

Turns out you need to add a word (any single word) in the comment box before saving your reserved IP and then resetting the device's wifi or doing an ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew on a windows PC.    I'm on XB7 but Don_Ca said this also worked on XB6 in the other post.

Hope this helps.

Don_Ca

Yes, for those that want to reserve an IP in the DHCP, you need to add a comment.
Don_Ca

This morning I have this:

eMTA & DOCSIS Software Version:Prod_19.3_d31 & Prod_19.3
Software Image Name:CGM4140COM_4.8p9s1_PROD_sey

gp-se
I'm an Advisor

Can Rogers release a firmware that gives us back control of WiFi settings (Channels, Width, etc.)

I have older devices that are having trouble staying connected when the Modem is in control of the Channels. I do not have Pods or use any Rogers apps, I just want all my WiFi devices to work like before when I had control of the settings.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@gp-se wrote:

Can Rogers release a firmware that gives us back control of WiFi settings (Channels, Width, etc.)

I have older devices that are having trouble staying connected when the Modem is in control of the Channels. I do not have Pods or use any Rogers apps, I just want all my WiFi devices to work like before when I had control of the settings.

The problem isn't the firmware.  The problem is that Rogers has enabled the Ignite WiFi Hub on your account and that has basically taken over management of the WiFi settings on your Ignite gateway.  Since you don't have Pods installed, you should be able to make changes using the WiFi Hub mobile app or by logging into ignitewifi.rogers.com

That said, tech support should still be able to disable the WiFi Hub permanently.  If the Level-1 tech cannot, ask to speak to a manager or supervisor.  Don't take "No" for an answer, especially since you know that you have had it disabled before.