XB6 - Connecting ASUS Router

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: XB6 - Connecting ASUS Router

@Lucky2050 wrote:

Hi

I am using my Arris XB6 Modem with Asus AX88U router. I want to use WAN aggression but i can't see how to enable LACP-IEEE 802.3ad on Rogers Modem.

Please guide what setting i need to make on modem to enable LACP-IEEE 802.3ad so that i can have WAN aggression

I don't think that the XB6 supports link aggregation.  According to this page, data throughput on the XB6 maxes out at 1 Gb/s so even if you could do it, you wouldn't see any performance benefits.  Rogers Internet service offerings also max out at 1Gb/s so again, there would be no benefit to enabling this when a single Gigabit Ethernet port is fast enough.

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Lucky2050 at the present time, none of the modems that Rogers uses will allow the customers to use LAG.  Even if any of the modems are capable, Rogers has not enabled LAG so any required enable/disable function is not built into the user interface.  

Brad1313
I've Been Here Awhile

I have been experiencing this extremely frustrating issue in the new year.  I purchased a new Asus RT-AX82U router on boxing day and for the most part it works well with an old AC1900 in AIMesh mode.  However, since the new year I am randomly seeing this issue where the internet completely goes down and in the ASUS router logs it stats the ISP DHCP is not functioning properly.  Rebooting the bridged modem and router eventually resolves the issue. I called Rogers and they are blaming the router, I have read every forum and tried every setting possible but it only lessens the occurrences(I've tried changing the DHCP query frequency on the router from aggressive to normal.). Has anyone who owns an ASUS router with Rogers had any luck getting past these errors? I am considering putting the old AC1900 in place as the main router for a week to see if the issue still occurs.  Thanks.

I am now trying 'continous mode' for the DHCP frequency as another thread suggests this may resolve the issue.

WAN_Connection: ISP's DHCP did not function properly. | Page 3 | SmallNetBuilder Forums (snbforums.c...

Brad1313
I've Been Here Awhile

Just providing an update although DHCP Frequency set to 'continuous mode' does lessen the amount of times there is a network outage they are still occurring once every 2-3 days. Hoping someone can assist with shedding a light as to what the root issue is with the ASUS routers and Rogers internet.  Thank You.

Demonic_sin
I've Been Here Awhile

I am currently facing the same issue with my new RT-AX92U.  Asus support thinks that it's a hardware issue and wants me to send them my router.

I will keep you updated.

Brad1313
I've Been Here Awhile

That's interesting, since I made that change I have only had one outage. It has worked and worked for someone else I suggested it to. Appreciate the update once you receive it back. Thanks.