Wrong time in yahoo email

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gordoonski
I Plan to Stick Around

Wrong time in yahoo email

I use my Rogers Yahoo email account via Safari on my iPhone6. When I access my inbox, the emails show they are received 6 hours later than they should be. On my laptop and iPad, the emails show the proper time. How do I change the time for the emails on my iPhone (NOT using the mail app)?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
RogersMaude

Re: Wrong time in yahoo email

Thanks so much for your reply @Gordoonski!

I apologize for the delay in mine Smiley Embarassed

I appreciate that you gave us the detailed breakdown of events.

I also think that your trip may have something to do with the issue encountered.

Was the reset performed, after you got back to Canada?

Could you try to completely log out of your email account, on browser, and then clear your Safari Cache?

I hope this does not cause an inconvenience. Just so you know, it will also erase browser history.

To do so: 

1. Go to Settings > Safari
  2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and choose Clear History and Website Data
  3. Confirm that you want to do this by tapping on Clear History and Data of Safari.

Once that is completed, you can try and log into your webmail again.

Let us know how that goes!

If this does not resolve your issue, we can open a ticket in order to have this looked into.

This will, however, require access to your account.

Please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps next time you're online.

To learn more about our Private Messaging system, please visit this page.

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

All Replies
RogersMaude

Good evening @Gordoonski,

Thank you for you post & Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Incorrect time on incoming emails can be confusing, making it difficult to keep track of when it was received. 

I totally understand the importance of rectifying this, in order to remain organized.

I am hoping you were able to resolve the issue you are experiencing, since you originally posted.

In order to assist you further, we need to ask you a few additional questions:

• When did this start happening, or when did you notice it first?
  • Is it exactly 6 hours off, meaning that a wrong time zone is set somewhere?
  • What troubleshooting measures have you tried, since you realized this?

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

Gordoonski
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you for your response.

I first noticed the incorrect time when I returned from a trip to South Africa. While I was there, there was a 7 hour time difference from EST, but because of daylight savings time here now, the difference is 6 hours. So I am led to believe that it has something to do with my trip there. The odd thing, is that on my ipad, the times are all correct. (I use the mail app to access my mail there). And on my laptop, using Safari to access the Rogers Yahoo mail, the times are also correct. It is only on my iphone, again using Safari to access the Rogers Yahoo mail, that the times are exactly 6 hours different.

In terms of troubleshooting, I've looked at the settings on my iphone for time, clock, etc. and all seem to be set correctly for EDT (Ontario). I also did a reset of the phone, but that hasn't changed anything.  I don't recall changing any setting before I left for South Africa, nor while I was there. So I'm pretty much stumped as to why this is happening. If you can offer any suggestions as to what I should check on my iphone, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks,

GF

Gordoonski
I Plan to Stick Around

Maude, are you there? Maude?

RogersMaude

Thanks so much for your reply @Gordoonski!

I apologize for the delay in mine Smiley Embarassed

I appreciate that you gave us the detailed breakdown of events.

I also think that your trip may have something to do with the issue encountered.

Was the reset performed, after you got back to Canada?

Could you try to completely log out of your email account, on browser, and then clear your Safari Cache?

I hope this does not cause an inconvenience. Just so you know, it will also erase browser history.

To do so: 

1. Go to Settings > Safari
  2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and choose Clear History and Website Data
  3. Confirm that you want to do this by tapping on Clear History and Data of Safari.

Once that is completed, you can try and log into your webmail again.

Let us know how that goes!

If this does not resolve your issue, we can open a ticket in order to have this looked into.

This will, however, require access to your account.

Please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps next time you're online.

To learn more about our Private Messaging system, please visit this page.

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

Gordoonski
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you Maude. Your solution worked like a charm. Yahoo! (No pun intended!)

RogersMaude

You're most welcome @Gordoonski -

I'm glad we were able to work together and very happy to know it is finally resolved!

Yahoo! Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

F2015
I've Been Around

Had similar problem and your "solution" resolved nothing -- still displays wrong times

borford
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

@F2015 wrote:

Had similar problem and your "solution" resolved nothing -- still displays wrong times

Have you tried to access your email from another computer or device to see if it is isolated to just that one device?

Brian

Gordoonski
I Plan to Stick Around

And my iPhone is back to the same old tricks, except now the emails are 4 hours wrong, not six.