Wireless connection to blu ray

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Re: Wireless connection to blu ray

Hello @MKR4,

Just following up - were you able to test & resolve the problem?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi
I tried the different cases (upper/lower) and that didn't change anything. Still won't connect. I'm going to try checking the wireless settings as suggested to see if that solves it. I'll post the results.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Is there any reset function the Blu-Ray player that would reset everything back to factory settings.  If there is, I would run that and then attempt to reconnect the device.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks. I've already tried that and it didn't work.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

sorry to jump in on this, but I'm getting the network connectivity issue but it's using the LAN cables.  I've tried different ports, different cables, doesn't matter. The Samsung BD-P2550 will not connect to my new Rogers Modem. I can't do firmware or software upgrades, and I cannot stream Netflix.

I spent 52 minutes on the phone with Samsung and they were completely unhelpful. So I called Rogers and they said to contact Samsung. So I'm going in circles. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Andrew15, when you have the Blu-ray player connected and running, have a look at the connected port LED at the back of the modem.  The LED will be flashing Amber if the Blu-ray player is connected at 1 Gb/s, and it will be flashing Green if connected at 10/100 Mb/s.  The flashing LED will indicate data traffic is transiting back and forth between each device.  If the LED is not illuminating that would indicate some type of cable or port problem exists and as a result, both devices are unable to negotiate a data transfer rate that would work. 

On the Blu-ray player, there should be Network setup page that would allow you to check for an IP address, which would be issued by the modem.  Can you have a look for that a let us know what you find. 

Lastly, on the bottom of the modem's BASIC page, you will see a Connected Computers list that should fill in and show all of the connected devices, including the Blu-ray player, which should be running on a modem port where the LED is indicating a good connection.  Please check that list to see if the Blu-ray player is showing up.

Are you connecting thru short commercially bought cables, or connecting thru house ethernet?