Wireless Network on XBOX 360

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Wireless Network on XBOX 360

Hello

I'm having issues with setting up my wireless network with my CGN3 Modem to my XBOX 360. I've looked into port forwarding a bit and I can't even proceed past the first step. I've entered my default gateway IP address into my browser and but it doesn't take me anywhere. 

*Edited Labels*

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Re: Wireless Network on XBOX 360

Hello @Furious_Dee,

The first thing to do is determine the IP address of your CGN3.  To do this, access a Windows computer, then...

Determine IP Address of hitron Modem

(Windows XP to Windows 10)

- Hold Windows key and press "R".  The Run box appears.

- Type cmd and press [enter].  A Command Prompt appears.

- Type ipconfig and press [enter].  Take note of the Default Gateway.

- Type exit to close the Command Prompt.

- Using your preferred web browser, visit the IP address noted in"Default Gateway",

above.

- The hitron login page appears.  Enter your username and password, then click Login.

NOTE - There is a known problem with the hitron modem where the logon page DOES NOT load, even when you try accessing it using the correct IP address. 

If this happens: unplug your CGN3, wait 5-10 seconds, then plug it back in.  Wait 2-5 minutes, then try accessing the hitron logon page again.

Let us know how this goes.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Welcome to the Community @Furious_Dee

Is this the first time setting up the modem, or are you seeing the wireless network on other devices? Also, can you confirm the model of the modem.

Please chime in with some more tips community Smiley Happy

RogersAsif

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Hello @Furious_Dee,

The first thing to do is determine the IP address of your CGN3.  To do this, access a Windows computer, then...

Determine IP Address of hitron Modem

(Windows XP to Windows 10)

- Hold Windows key and press "R".  The Run box appears.

- Type cmd and press [enter].  A Command Prompt appears.

- Type ipconfig and press [enter].  Take note of the Default Gateway.

- Type exit to close the Command Prompt.

- Using your preferred web browser, visit the IP address noted in"Default Gateway",

above.

- The hitron login page appears.  Enter your username and password, then click Login.

NOTE - There is a known problem with the hitron modem where the logon page DOES NOT load, even when you try accessing it using the correct IP address. 

If this happens: unplug your CGN3, wait 5-10 seconds, then plug it back in.  Wait 2-5 minutes, then try accessing the hitron logon page again.

Let us know how this goes.

View solution in original post