Wired and Wireless connection problem with the Cisco DPC3825 Modem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Wired and Wireless connection problem with the Cisco DPC3825 Modem

I was wondering if any one else is having an issue where the Cisco DPC3825 Modem would disconnect you from time to time.

Lately, I've been having this problem where I would be talking on friends on skype and the connection would be lost. After several minutes it would return or sometimes I would have to reset the modem it's self.

Has there been any know issue regarding this modem? Another thing that has been on my mind is that the connection with the modem may be strained when multiple users are connected to it. Is this true? 

My current set up is my desktop having direct wired connection to the modem. My tablet and my mother's phone is connected by wireless.

Thank you for any help you can give. 

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Wired and Wireless connection problem with the Cisco DPC3825 Modem

Yes these devices are known to do this. Usually the wireless in these devices is what causes the lockup overall.

Most people usually to 'fix' this, turn the modem I to bridge mode, and use their own 3rd party riuter

I'm Here A Lot

Thank you. I'll try that out.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I have looked at the "Help making a "Bridged Mode Setup Guid" that you initiated, but i couldn't find one that is for the CisCo Modem/router.

Currently I turned of the wifi network.

Would anyone know how what the follow up should be?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

been ages since i had that one..  i beleive its listed as "Disable commercial gateway"

Retired Moderator RogersEugene
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

For future refences, please try to factory reset the modem first, then set it up again using the proper settings (wpa2-personal and Aes cipher) and monitor. If the same issue persists, you can try swapping the modem or reach out to us here and we can help troubleshoot further if required.

Hope this comes in handy.