Windows 10 Instagram Issue with Rogers Internet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Windows 10 Instagram Issue with Rogers Internet

Yes all of my devices are Windows 10 as the Instagram app is only on Windows 10!

☹ Thanks for your help, I'm also fresh out of ideas and not sure what to do now! I don't want to have to go back to using an external router (would have to see if that even works).

Could Rogers be blocking it on their end somehow?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Rogers doesn't block anything. Have you tried using firefox instead of the windows 10 app or edge.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes the website works when I use it, unfortunately it doesn't have all the features of course such as messaging.

The app on the other hand just doesn't load any images only the text, until I connect to an internet connection not on my Rogers modem.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

hmm, so only the built in app has this issue. I don't have the app so I'm not sure what can be causing this. Can you post a screen shot of the app settings? The only thing I can think of is it could be an ipv6 issue, since when you use another wifi it would be ipv4 only, whereas the Rogers Modem is handing out ipv6 addresses.

In settings -> control panel -> network and sharing center -> click on adapter settings and disable ipv6.

I Plan to Stick Around

Wow you're right, as soon as I disable ipv6 it started working immediately on my PC.
Is there anyway to disable ipv6 entirely from the modem so that it doesn't issue ipv6 addresses?
Are there any disadvantages of doing that as well?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Glad I could help!

There is currently no way to disable ipv6 on the Hitron Gateways, you would need a third party router to disable ipv6.

I've Been Around

I disabled the ipv6 settings in control panel from adapter settings for my LAN card , is there any disadvantage to this fix for photos not loading in Instagram, by the way thanks, Instagram App for Win 10 is working fine..

Good afternoon @SgtFreako!

Welcome to our Community!

As a short term workaround, there shouldn't be any noticeable disadvantages to this. In the long term however, there may eventually come a point where you cannot connect to the Internet without being assigned an IPv6 address. At some point in the future, it's possible that all IPv4 addresses will be assigned and if you do not use IPv6, you will have to wait until an IPv4 address becomes available to reconnect. 

You can learn more here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPv4_address_exhaustion

Regards,

RogersCorey