Windows 10 Instagram Issue with Rogers Internet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sikhness
I Plan to Stick Around

Windows 10 Instagram Issue with Rogers Internet

Hey Guys,

I have a weird issue that only happens on my Rogers router (on all machines at home connected to the router). 
When I try to use the Instagram app on any of my Windows 10 PCs, I notice that the images do not load and only text loads.  Even if I leave the app open for hours nothing will come up.  As soon as I connect my machine to another Wifi source (I have a Mi-fi, and other networks where I've taken my laptop to) everything loads up correctly and instantly.  The minute I connect back to my Rogers router, it goes back to the same behaviour.

I have tried the following and nothing has worked for me:
Put a single machine on the DMZ and test on that machine
Turn off the firewall on the router completely for both IPv4 and IPv6
Restart the router
Factory restore the router and set it up again

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
gp-se
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Windows 10 Instagram Issue with Rogers Internet

hmm, so only the built in app has this issue. I don't have the app so I'm not sure what can be causing this. Can you post a screen shot of the app settings? The only thing I can think of is it could be an ipv6 issue, since when you use another wifi it would be ipv4 only, whereas the Rogers Modem is handing out ipv6 addresses.

In settings -> control panel -> network and sharing center -> click on adapter settings and disable ipv6.

View solution in original post

All Replies
RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @sikhness

Welcome to the Community Forum! Smiley Happy

We'd like to help with resolving this issue you're experiencing with Instagram.

What modem are you using? When was the last time you were able to view the images? Are you able to access the app on mobile devices?

Anyone else in the community experiencing this?

RogersPrasana

sikhness
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi RogersPrasana,

I have the CODA-4582 running firmware 2.0.10.24. It has been about a month or so where this has stopped working.

On my Mobile device it doesn't work either (I have a Windows Mobile 10 device), but if I switch to my LTE it works immediately.

gp-se
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

login to the modem and change the DNS Servers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

these are google's public DNS servers.

sikhness
I Plan to Stick Around

HI gp-se,
I just tried setting DNS1 and DNS2 on my router to the Google addresses then restarted the router for it to take effect and Instagram still doesn't load 😞

What else could I try? Is it being blocked by Rogers?
Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@sikhness are all of your pc's connected via wifi or do  you connect via ethernet as well.  What happens when the pc is connected via ethernet to the modem?  Same problem?

sikhness
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi datalink,
Most of my PCs are connected through Wifi, but I tried connecting them through Ethernet to check and it's the same, Instagram still doesn't load ☹
gp-se
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@sikhness wrote:
Hi datalink,
Most of my PCs are connected through Wifi, but I tried connecting them through Ethernet to check and it's the same, Instagram still doesn't load ☹

@sikhness is it only this one computer that has the issue? do other computers/phone/tablets have this issue using the Rogers connection? 

sikhness
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @gp-se,

Every computer in the house that connects using the Rogers modem that I have is having this issue.

gp-se
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

that is very strange. I saw you already tried a factory reset, then you changed the DNS in the gateway, and it still doesn't work. I am out've ideas. Are all your devices running Windows 10?