WiFi Networks Not Visible

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

WiFi Networks Not Visible

I'm using a CGN3 modem. Only been with Rogers about a month. 

Basically, my wifi network is now no longer available. The 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz icons on my modem are not lit up any longer. I've tried restarting the modem and doing a hard reset, however wifi still isn't available. I can access the internet if I plug the ethernet cable into my laptop. When I try to access 192.168.0.1 on either Chrome or Edge browsers, I get a 'this site cannot be reached; site took too long to respond' message, so I can't access my modem that way either. 

I've checked my area and there doesn't some seem to be any outages. 

Is there another way to force the factory reset? I've held the reset button with a pen for 10 seconds, thirty, longer and it will restart but wifi still isn't available at all. Super frustrating. 

Thank you for any help 

***Added Labels***

Re: WiFi Networks Not Visible

Hey @katiashhhh

Welcome to the community!

I can only imagine the level of frustration given that you've only been with us 1 month! Certainly not the welcome we'd have envisioned for you but you're in good hands. We'd be happy to assist and help identify what's going on.

Regarding the factory reset it's possible the utility used to depress the button inside the pin hole may not be holding it down consistently. This can happen when using a pen on these models, we'd be able to assist with the factory reset if needed.

It's possible your modem may have stopped broadcasting the two frequencies and we'd have the ability to identify that, send us a message and we'll look into it. To do so, send us a private message @CommunityHelps and we'll have the ability to determine next steps. For more information on our Private Messaging system, please click here.

RogersAndy

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation