cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Rogers duplicating some of my sent mail?

Corinne_long
I've been here awhile

I have a rogers.com email address and some (but not all) emails I send from this address are duplicated in the Sent email folder.  I can send them from Outlook on my computer and I get duplicates in Sent, or from my Blackberry phone and I get duplicates in Sent.  I have not tried sending from the Rogers/Yahoo online account, as this is not my go-to method.   I do not believe that the recipients are receiving duplicates.   This is a recent occurrence, it probably started in late 2019.

Does anyone know why, or what I can do?

**Labels Added**

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Why is Rogers duplicating some of my sent mail?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This has been happening since November 2019. See the following post on the topic.  You'll need to change your e-mail client settings to not save, or something similar if you don't want duplicates.  See post 14 of that thread for examples.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/How-do-I-fix-it-so-that-I-don-t-get-doubles-of-every-...

Corinne_long
I've been here awhile

Thank you for your information.

Is this something that Rogers/Yahoo online is doing automatically?

What if I do want to save my emails in the Sent folder, but I just want to stop the duplicates?  Will Rogers/Yahoo still save one?

@Corinne_long wrote:

What if I do want to save my emails in the Sent folder, but I just want to stop the duplicates?  Will Rogers/Yahoo still save one?

Yes, you should be able to select "don't save" in the e-mail client and it should save one, but stop the duplicate.

Something changed with Rogers/Yahoo on November 1 as discussed in the other thread.

I think thats what 57 is saying.

So the client checking the mail, may on its own (especially if its a IMAP type of connection) will be auto syncing everything.  So when something is sent, and the rogers server views it as sent, keeps a copy, and the client syncs that to itself.   But if you have the client saving its own copy.. that may be duplicating it then.

Its worth a test, see if you can change that to off on the client, send a few test ones, and see if it stops the duplication.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
i concur with Gdkitty. Lets hope your using IMAP if your checking your Roger's email on multiple devices. If thats confirmed, then uncheck "save a copy of sent message" option in your email client, IMAP already saves one copy on the cloud server and all devices can access it

the problem happens when you mix imap or pop3 and have multiple clients which one of them have a abnormal configuration or setting
Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 in conversation