What port do I open on Hitron CGN3 router to access my computer through SSH

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: What port do I open on Hitron CGN3 router to access my computer through SSH

Gdkitty, are you also at the same firmware version? Did you change anything else in the configuration other than the forwarding definition itself?

Regarding the number of ports, with the modem in the gateway mode and router I would have 7 ports. With the modem in bridge mode they say only one port works where I can connect the router which gives me 4 ports.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Right, forgot using the router as a 'switch'

I am on 4.2.4.3 firmware.

Other than disabling the wireless and wps, the forwarding is the only change made.
Ext port 80-80
Int port 80-80
Pointing to my internal ip of my server

I've Been Around

unable to forward ssh port 22

I just upgraded rogers internet, the guy came late friday to do it and swapped the modem. I have an internal ssh server, when i try to port forward I get the message

"The public port cannot contain ssh management port 22"

I was able to forward other ports ok....

Please assist

here is a screen shot http://i.imgur.com/k6bouLw.jpg

Re: unable to forward ssh port 22

Hello @ steve6, Welcome to Rogers Community Forum!

To my understanding its security risk to forward port 22, which could be the reason why you were not able to do it. BTW, are you using Rogers’s provided gateway modem or your personal router?

Anyone in the community tried forwarding port22?

@ Gdkitty, @ Datalink, @ VivienM - any REs or experienced members, would you please share your expertise, thank you all!

Thanks,

RogersMoin

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: unable to forward ssh port 22

Yeah, 22 is blocked Smiley Sad
(I beleive it may be the port used for rogers management of the device)

If capable of you can set the port while connecting on the outside, set the software to say connect to port 999 and set port forwarding rules to go from 999 ext to 22 Internal

I've Been Here Awhile

Just an update. All ports forwards work except 22~22. I'm on version  4.2.4.5 firmware. Does any one know why?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As posted above.. i beleive its reserved for something internal on the router part itself Smiley Sad

I've Been Here Awhile

I am also having the same issue when setting port forwarding on Hitron CGN3 router SSH on port 22. Is there anything to do make it works?

Hello, @Rdoh

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. As observed in the Message 14, 15 and 17 above that the port 22 is reserved, hence not available for forwarding. I appreciate your understanding. 

RogersMoin