Webmail Popup - No More Import from Secondary Accounts - What Does This Actually Mean?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmcsplaza
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Webmail Popup - No More Import from Secondary Accounts - What Does This Actually Mean?

Capture.JPG

I do not understand.  I got one of these popups for each secondary account listed.

Surely there's no importing going on as that is Rogers Webmail and I simply listed all my secondary accounts because I had to in order to set them up in the first place.

So are we to get rid of them and hope that Rogers might compensate for the inconvenience?

The more things happen with Rogers the more tempted I am to jump ship to Bell Fibe.

***Edited Labels***

Peter
Toronto
Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Webmail Popup - No More Import from Secondary Accounts - What Does This Actually Mean?

Yahoo external accounts and issues with reply to and other issues.

See this post - basically they are killing POP - makes sense, but being very poorly communicated as you will see in the two links I provide = there is also a description that they are ending the reply to feature, although this is not directly from Yahoo, so not sure if that is just POP, or IMAP still works or not.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN28161.html

https://forums.yahoo.net/t5/Sending-and-receiving/External-E-mail-Account-will-no-longer-be-imported...

9 pages of posts on Yahoo forum on this topic, in this month alone (8 days only) - it says solved, but you will see that the solution is only part of the problem, and the first link is the official Yahoo statement of ending POP.

Why would Rogers not put this out to us too.  No date on this post - but it is referred to in the yahoo forum in the last day or two.

Ok rogers, how about you get ahead on this one - the information is out there, with the solutions.  send an email blast to every rogers yahoo account with links to the support page - tells you what the issue is and how to reset everything.

Please Rogers, time to dump Yahoo - find a good email company and work with them to transfer all data from yahoo accounts to the new service - it would only need writing of a script to do the transfer process by having user putting in yahoo account and password, then script run the changes from pop to imap (a few if then statements), then forward them to the new account (example Gmail).

Time to realize that this old arrangement is failing, that Yahoo is on its dying breaths, and help you customers get over to a reliable product, or carefully analyze how we can get our stuff over to a new service, and just dump email support totally - Rogers does not need to be an email provider anymore, unless it goes with an new stable product model and company, and it does not appear that this will be Rogers.

Just thoughts - please Rogers, always remember to keep customers informed and discuss with them on best solutions moving forward,  Stop leaving us in the dark.

Bruce

View solution in original post

All Replies
BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Webmail Popup - No More Import from Secondary Accounts - What Does This Actually Mean?

This is very confusing to me to say the least, as it is for you.

Can you elaborate for me - when it says can't import from your external acconts:

Is that you can't import from your secondary accounts to your primary accounts:

Is it that you can't import from your rogers account to an external account, say like frim Rogers to Gmail.

Esisting emailf from that account (...@rogers.com) will remain in your inbox - as they shold unless you delete them, but no emails will be imported.

Can you say what you were doing when you saw this pop up - were you trying to import email from externsl of your rogers inbox over to your inbox, what.

I would like to do some debugging and understand this.  At the moment, I am exporting everything from Rogers accounts, plus constantly forwarding, then immediately contacting the sender and changing the email, or going into their site and chaning it to my gmail account - so it has been along time since I ever imported into a Rogers Account.

There are lots of very strange things going on with Rogers/Yahoo email and we seem to being dealing with these trial and error as each person comes forward - for us who like to assist and debug, we are being left helpless, as we have no idea what Rogers is up to, or Yahoo, but obviously things are going on.  There has been numerous questions come up in the last few months - Yahoo hack notices twice, no notice from Rogers (not forum people, but Roges I am saying), stange issues around forwarding, setup of pop and IMAP, and expired certificates.

I am left that Rogers is just letting this system just fail on its own until it comes time to just kill it and maybe replace it, or maybe not - this is identical to the historical slow failure of One number until we were finally advised that it would not be supported.

Come on Rogers, tell us what you are doing - we are the consumers, and we depend upon our services in various ways, in the same way as we depend upon reliable access to government sites, bank sites, university sites, company sites, it is past time to keep customers current on where things are going.

For example - government websites have all switched to canada.ca (I think), and we were advised they were doing it, and kept up to date on their main site of each step they were doing, with contact information with excellent knowledgeable support to explain it - I have used it this years as I work through finances and taxes.

They shut things down and go public to advise us alternatives, as well as give us other alternatives like support phone numbers and put more staff on.

We pay for Canada government services via our taxes and fees, and they deliver a responsible service to us, isn't it time that Rogers start doing the same.

Moderators - the only thing we have heard to date is that it has been reported, and if any further information comes about email services you will advise us - and we have heard nothing - just a statement of fact.

It shouldn't take a shareholder going to an annual meeting to make Rogers sccountable not only to their shareholders, but to their customers too - if customers are being impacted, shareholders need to know, as it will impact their returns.

Just an observation, that it is time to come forward and say what is going to happen with this whole Yahoo mess, and as changes are made by either company so that we can make the best decisions for our service usage - I went to Gmail but am not fully done yet - 15 years using the same email address takes time to change over all important site and contact information.  I don't need things like posted making it more confusing than it already is and making it more difficult to move forward to finally saying goodbye to Rogers/yahoo.

So, @pmcsplaza  I don't have any thoughts, I will try seeing if I can replicate this, but have you reported this to tech support, or contacted Yahoo?  A note to Rogers in general, Yahoo is the supplier, but they are responsible to Rogers as a purchaser of their product, and Rogers is accountable to us the consumer.  It is for rogers to clean this up with Yahoo, certainly wokring with us too, but it is clearly not our responsibility to work directly with Yahoo.  We are not their customers, and they have no responsibility to supportus, except through Rogers.

Love to hear more about things going on with Email - is there more than we are aware of.

Bruce

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

Yahoo external accounts and issues with reply to and other issues.

See this post - basically they are killing POP - makes sense, but being very poorly communicated as you will see in the two links I provide = there is also a description that they are ending the reply to feature, although this is not directly from Yahoo, so not sure if that is just POP, or IMAP still works or not.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN28161.html

https://forums.yahoo.net/t5/Sending-and-receiving/External-E-mail-Account-will-no-longer-be-imported...

9 pages of posts on Yahoo forum on this topic, in this month alone (8 days only) - it says solved, but you will see that the solution is only part of the problem, and the first link is the official Yahoo statement of ending POP.

Why would Rogers not put this out to us too.  No date on this post - but it is referred to in the yahoo forum in the last day or two.

Ok rogers, how about you get ahead on this one - the information is out there, with the solutions.  send an email blast to every rogers yahoo account with links to the support page - tells you what the issue is and how to reset everything.

Please Rogers, time to dump Yahoo - find a good email company and work with them to transfer all data from yahoo accounts to the new service - it would only need writing of a script to do the transfer process by having user putting in yahoo account and password, then script run the changes from pop to imap (a few if then statements), then forward them to the new account (example Gmail).

Time to realize that this old arrangement is failing, that Yahoo is on its dying breaths, and help you customers get over to a reliable product, or carefully analyze how we can get our stuff over to a new service, and just dump email support totally - Rogers does not need to be an email provider anymore, unless it goes with an new stable product model and company, and it does not appear that this will be Rogers.

Just thoughts - please Rogers, always remember to keep customers informed and discuss with them on best solutions moving forward,  Stop leaving us in the dark.

Bruce

View solution in original post

pmcsplaza

I was merely checking Webmail which is a daily chore nowadays that Yahoo no longer empties the Inbox after mail is forwarded.  https://ca-mg4.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.partner=rogers-acs is the address now.

I forward all my mail to a more reliable mail spam filtering client, Fastmail, then I pop it out of there to my desktop..

So that isn't effected but if I choose to send an email from a secondary account from my desktop it wont go through...am I right?   That is crazy since multiple email addresses is an important part of Rogers package sales pitch.

Peter
Toronto
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just speculation.. but my guess..

When its talking of 'importing of secondary accounts'...  my guess is its talking about where you can have the rogers email/webmail, pull in pop email from other providers, into your rogers inbox.

With yahoo ending support for PoP.. my guess is they are trying to move away from it alltogether... which would then include the pulling in PoP from other sources then as well?

With all this.. makes me wonder if the Yahoo breach was PoP based in some form?

pmcsplaza

OK mine is forwarded, but the couple of external account can be accessed directly so I guess I'm right and so are you....LOL I wish Rogers would issue a proper explanation.

Yahoo popup messages are not the easiest to interpret it.

Peter
Toronto
pmcsplaza

What puzzles me is the popup also occurred for my rogers.com secondary accounts.....that's what stymies me, I have no idea what they mean.

Peter
Toronto
pmcsplaza

In those pop-ups, I wish they would mean what they say or otherwise as I simply deleted those from my Webmail settings.   Now of course I can't put them back.  I guess it doesn't matter as I don't use webmail normally.

Peter
Toronto
BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

All I have to add to this one is : What a mess - I would lean towards the statement of "secondary accounts" as being our alternative accounts like Gmail and so forth, where Rogers has had this term of secondary accounts, but your tuess is as good as mine.

And so will we hear anything from Rogers directly before 31st of March when it goes dead - get ready for the onslot of message to tech and to here - what is going on??!!

I still hold my mantra - get off Yahoo completely - and I would hypothesize that the Yahoo breach was most likely POP related, but just a guess.  I am almost there - my wife has a secondary account though and she hasn't started yet to change things over - get the funny feeling that will be me - the in house tech - now retired or at least I thought I was.

Bruce