cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning When Signing into Webmail using Chrome

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Since yesterday I've been encountering the following "warning" when signing into Webmail using Chrome. I can sign into the Manage E-mail page without issue, but when I click on the "mail" icon, I get the following message. 

“The information you’re about to submit is not secure. Because the site is using a connection that’s not completely secure, your information will be visible to others.”  You have the option to continue or go back. If you continue, you are taken to your e-mail

This is due to the following implemented by Chrome to make websites more secure:

https://news.thewindowsclub.com/chrome-86-to-warn-users-against-submitting-data-to-insecure-forms-10...

This doesn't happen on FF or Safari (yet).

@CommunityHelps : Please forward this to Rogers/Yahoo mail so they can implement the appropriate fix.

*Added Labels*

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Warning When Signing into Webmail using Chrome

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Your pressing the mail icon on this page?

I get the same notification
As I go from the rogers.yahoo.com sign in landing page and hit the mail icon there, i do NOT get the warning.

So i am guessing its the way that the one page is submitting the information to the rogers yahoo login server.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You're right. If you go from the following link, you don't get the warning:

https://ca.rogers.yahoo.com/

If you start at the following link, you do get the warning:

https://rogersmembercentre.com/rmcapp/remc.html#/signin

I can include my e-mail address in the above URL by using remember me, so I don't need to type it in each time.  I have several different bookmarks for my various e-mail addresses.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I just encountered this issue again, only with this forum website.  If I compose a reply but haven't logged in (yet), I get the warning when I click "post".  I can then continue and login, but this makes two Rogers websites that have this issue.  As noted in post 1, this is with Chrome browser on my Mac Mini computer.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I can confirm that I get this warning every time I try to login to Webmail from my bookmarked login as discussed earlier in this thread.

I can also confirm that I get this warning every time I post here if I don't login first. I sometimes come, look at the recent posts and click reply without first logging in.  I don't do that if I'm going to compose a long post because I've lost the text sometimes if I'm not logged in.  Just as an FYI, here's what the warning looks like.

Chrome WarningChrome Warning

Anyone else had this happen to them?  Rogers, you really should fix this here and on Rogers/Yahoo webmail.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I no longer get the warning when signing into Webmail. Thank you.

I also didn't get the warning this morning when posting this without logging in. Thank you again.

hmmm, The other website (Toronto Library) that had the same issue no longer has the issue.  I wonder if something else has changed rather then 3 fixed websites?

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation