WIFI NOT WORKING!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

WIFI NOT WORKING!

So I'ev have rogers wifi internet for a few weeks, its worked perfect, woke up this morning and no wifi... the power did clicker last night maybe thats part of it. My Imac is plugged into the wireless modem via ethenet and it works fine. The wireless light on the modem is solid green as it should be, but neither my computer or Iphione can detect the wifi signal like they did before.... what happened? the modem is the DCP3825. I know what my network was called (my last name) its just not there anymore, tried resetting modem a few times, googled it to death, read the owners manual just cant figure it out.... Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: WIFI NOT WORKING!

Hmm, if you have done a reboot, next thing would be to try a hard reset.

Hold down the reset button for a good 20-30 seconds, then release.

This will reset it back to factory defaults.
You will then Need to reset all settings again on it though.

I've Been Here Awhile

Idid this - Held reset button with a pen for 30 seconds, all lights went orange that turned green again. Still cant find my router's signal with imac or iphone.... from what I understand it should come back up as the default name CUSADMIN? no such luck its just simply not discoverable

I've Been Here Awhile

IMPORTANT UPDATE --- While watching the discoverable wifi networks my imac could pickup I unplugged my router/modem... the network Rogers33718 disappeared... plugged modem back in and it reappeared! the 33718 number just happens to be the S/N number printed the sticker on the bottom of my modem....so it has to be mine right??? but its password protected and now im not sure what the password would be...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The user ID is: cusadmin

The password is the word:  password

If after a reset, you can't get back in with those two, and as you say the power flickered last night, take it back in and exchange it.  It sounds as though it didn't survive the power transient. 

I've Been Here Awhile

not sure what the deal was but I tried exactly what you told me and what I read everywhere, and for some reason on like the 87th try it logged into my gateway... thanks! back up and running

I've Been Here Awhile

Experiencing a different challenge. WiFi streams internet delivered content, even UHD video, to my SmartTV with no problems HOWEVER content stored on my PC will not stream smoothly via the in home WiFi to the TV (Using Samsung SmartLink). Get a dozen of so seconds of good video then stops and "loading" appears on TV then another dozen or so seconds of video. Samsung help desk suggests it might be my integrated modem. Have not got any help from Rogers TSR.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Alot of smart TVs, wireless printers, devices like chromecast, etc.. need MULTICASTING to work properly.

On the majority of the gateway routers.. the multicast doenst seem to work, or work properly, on the WIFI.
(multicasting IS working on wired tho).

As far as i know its not an ON/OFF thing, even from the rogers back end.... perhaps a firmware fix could fix it? Not sure.

Only real fix... is to use your own 3rd party router, either just as an access point for wifi instead of the built in (i have this setup, and all the multicast type services work just fine)... or to go bridged mode, and use the 3rd party router, to do EVERYTHING.

I've Been Here Awhile

Streaming through this WiFi network (CISCO DPC3825) from the Internet to the TV works great (YouTube/Netflix etc.) does that also need multicasting? By the way, other posts elsewhere criticize the wireless performance of this modem. Users might wish to download the freeware inSSIDer Home and use this flexible tool to asses cochannel/interference from neighbors or as a tool for assessing signal strength at the receiving device location. Also simply moving the integrated CISCO terminal up/down/sideways a little can result in up to 10db or more signal strength which might be needed to overcome neighborhood interferences.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Direct streaming to the TV no, i do not beleive it does.

But may varry from device to device.

inSSIDER is a great tool, to do a survey, to make sure that INTERFEARNCE from other wifi is not part of the problem.

Unfortunately.. about ALL of them suffer from poor range, etc.
Going from the gateway to a inexpensive 3rd party.. often results in a bit of an improvement, nothing leaps and bounds.
Going to a GOOD quality 3rd party.. its night and day.