Very Slow Speeds on Ignite 300u Internet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewCastle123
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Very Slow Speeds on Ignite 300u Internet

The table from the upstream section on this modem dosent paste very well but I hope you can understand what it means. I remember on the old modem I had, the white Hitron one, the exact sections you asked for were in a menu but in this modem it’s a little different.

Index
Lock Status
Frequency
Symbol Rate
2560 KSym/sec
5120 KSym/sec
5120 KSym/sec
5120 KSym/sec
Power Level
Modulation
64QAM
64QAM
64QAM
64QAM
Channel Type
US_TYPE_TDMA_ATDMA
US_TYPE_ATDMA
US_TYPE_ATDMA
US_TYPE_ATDMA
Frustrated741
I've Been Around

I pay for 500u and the fastest speeds I have ever seen is about 150Mpbs.  I was told originally it is because I lived in an apartment and everyone else's signal is interrupting mine, but now I live in a house and guess what?  Same issue!  I even have 2 pods to boost the signal to the upstairs and the downstairs, but when my kids are both on their gaming consoles, I have to find something else to do that doesn't involve the internet.  But when a technician shows up everything is fine.  Very frustrating.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Frustrated741 wrote:

1. I pay for 500u and the fastest speeds I have ever seen is about 150Mpbs. 

3. I even have 2 pods to boost the signal to the upstairs and the downstairs,

4. But when a technician shows up everything is fine.  Very frustrating.

1. Are you talking about a wired Ethernet connection directly to the modem/gateway from a computer?  That's the only way typically to get 500, although some new devices might get close to that that over WiFi.

2. If you're talking about WiFi, there are numerous factors that play into the speed you get in various areas of your home.

3. The pods will never deliver 500.  Although they might theoretically reach 150-200, a more typical number is 100 or so.

4.  You say the technician gets what you pay for.  How is that accomplished?  Are you able to corroborate his numbers on your equipment while he's there?

lethalsniper
I'm an Enthusiast

What is jitter and does it affect gaming? What can I do to lower the jitter I use to be in 3 -10 for jitter now I’m getting 22- 30 in jitter what has changed I’m on the coda modem
RogersCorey

Greetings @lethalsniper!

Jitter is essentially your ping time variation range. A low jitter means that your ping times are stable and consistent. If you have high jitter, this means your ping times have a high variation and this will exhibit itself as an inconsistent connection in gaming as your packets would have wildly different ping times.

A high jitter can cause lag spikes and rubber banding in games.

Regards,

RogersCorey

lethalsniper
I'm an Enthusiast

And how do I lower the jitter ? I mean I use to get lower jitter till this new firmware .33 has been released nothing has changed settings all the same .
RogersCorey

It would depend upon the source of the jitter. If it's happening on our network side, then there isn't much that you can personally do about it. We'd have to troubleshoot and then submit an escalation to have it investigated further.

I would recommend removing third party networking equipment and performing a direct connection to ensure that this jitter isn't happening due to an internal network issue.

Regards,

RogersCorey

MrSicilian
I've Been Around

Hi RogersZia,

I am having the same issue with my Ignite 300U.   Max download speed is around 95mbps.     

What can be done to help fix this ongoing speed issue.

Joe 

RogersCorey

Greetings @MrSicilian!

I can assist with troubleshooting a speed issue, I'll just need to gather your account information in private first so I can run some diagnostics on your connection.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey