VOIP PHONE

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

VOIP PHONE

hi guys i have a problm with my VOIP phone,2 days ago i switch the modem with the new cgneacr modem ,i have ignite 250,after i change the passwrd for wi fi i connect the phone and is not work,everthing is working fine thrue wire and wii fi but the phone i dont have dialer tone,just some noline noise,on the vox box i have the power light green staedy ,internet is green the phone line green and on the phone display show me Check tel line,i change with another phone is the same not work,i dont have another switch or box between the modem and phone is just the hytron  cgn3 acr modem and the cable is maybe 2 metres lomg,any ideea how to fix this pls? 

***Edited Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: VOIP PHONE

Call tech support and have the CSR disable the ALG SIP setting in the modem.   There should be a tagged solution to this problem on the forum somewhere.

Re: VOIP PHONE

Good evening @babangida1 ,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Forums!

I can definitely understand, how frustrating it must be, not being able to use your Voice Over IP phone with the new Rocket Modem.

On the forums, there is actually a thread with several alternate resolutions regarding this situation, however it was with the CNG3 modem. You might want to take a look at it by clicking here.

Any members of the Community can help @babangida1 with his issue?

RogersMaude