Useing my rogers modem on an other rogers account

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Useing my rogers modem on an other rogers account

Hi.

Is it possible to use my modem on an other rogers account? Will it automaticaly use my account?

Thanks.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Useing my rogers modem on an other rogers account

No, cuz you need to ask a cust service rep to switch over the transfer. Each account has x-modem serial number plugged in. Detaching it and switching to another line/account wont automatically work. You will get a dead signal. Now I'm not sure you can just call them to switch a transfer, then unplug your modem and go to the other line and plug it in and it works... It has to do with their account puter system. They have to physically "cancel" one modem (meaning you have to return it to rogers store) and "enable" another modem to the other account. Yea, it's a PITA but yall know rogers systems. Prolly a security feature... best thing is just call the csr and find out direct. But i'm pretty sure this is what they do. The shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line. Rogers tends to make it a hexagon or pentagon. ***rolls eyes***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The hardware for both internet, and TV, are tied in that way.

Each hardware, have their own S/N, etc.  Each of these number needs to be registered to the account.  Then when it trys to make the request from the system, since its registered, it allows it.

If you try to put on another box, from somewhere else, it wont work.

This is why, when buying any hardware used, from kajiji, etc, you need to make sure it was DE-REGISTERED on the other persons account, or you cant add it onto yours.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the answers. I sort of thought it wasn't that easy. Oh, well...

I've Been Around

Hello Everyone,

I have Rogers internet at two different residential locations. Each location has a different service (speed and download). One locations which has the better speed is being renovated and I'd like to take the modem from there and use it at the other location until renovations are done. My question is whether the Internet service is tied to the location or the modem?  Both locations are single family homes and both have the capability to run any level of Rogers Internet offerings.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@yomamas wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I have Rogers internet at two different residential locations. Each location has a different service (speed and download). One locations which has the better speed is being renovated and I'd like to take the modem from there and use it at the other location until renovations are done. My question is whether the Internet service is tied to the location or the modem?  Both locations are single family homes and both have the capability to run any level of Rogers Internet offerings.

@yomamas

The service is tied to the address, you would have to call Rogers and "suspend" service at the house being renovated. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You could move the modem.. but you would have to have them dis associate with the one location, and put on the other.
Same with the plans.. they would have to change the plan at that location to say the higher one, for the time being.