Upload speed dropped in some parts of building

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Upload speed dropped in some parts of building

I posted a few days ago as the whole building who have Rogers has been having problems which click in like clock work after5/6 pm.  I found out that it is not all customers. I can say with certainity. that both mine and the tenant above me are having this problem. 

I collected some data about the situation last night while it was happening  and request for shelp.

My upload and download from last night is here. https://www.v-speed.eu/share/2591195/1

Model: Cisco DPC3825
Vendor: Cisco
Hardware Revision: 1.0
Bootloader Revision: 2.3.0_R3
Current Software Revision: dpc3825-v302r125572-131113a-ROG
Firmware Name: dpc3825-v302r125572-131113a-ROG.bin
Firmware Build Time: Nov 13 15:51:58 2013
Cable Modem Status: Operational
Wireless Network: Enable

Cable Modem State
DOCSIS Downstream Scanning: Completed
DOCSIS Ranging: Completed
DOCSIS DHCP: Completed
DOCSIS TFTP: Completed
DOCSIS Data Reg Complete: Completed
DOCSIS Privacy: Enabled

Downstream Channels
Power Level: Signal to Noise Ratio:
Channel 1: 4.6 dBmV 40.7 dB
Channel 2: 3.7 dBmV 40.4 dB
Channel 3: 3.5 dBmV 40.2 dB
Channel 4: 3.3 dBmV 40.3 dB
Channel 5: 3.0 dBmV 40.2 dB
Channel 6: 3.1 dBmV 39.8 dB
Channel 7: 2.8 dBmV 39.9 dB
Channel 8: 2.7 dBmV 39.5 dB

Upstream Channels
Power Level:
Channel 1: 55.9 dBmV
Channel 2: 0.0 dBmV
Channel 3: 0.0 dBmV
Channel 4: 0.0 dBmV

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Upload speed dropped in some parts of building

I'm really getting tired of having constant problems with internet. I switched to Rogers for this reason. Now, the entire building with Rogers has slowed down after 5pm as of approx. 2 weeks ago. My neighbour upstairs called and they just replaced her modem. This is not going to resolve her problem as it does nothing to resolve the underlying issue that is affecting the building. People have been calling but Rogers, like most companies, doesn't look at the issue with the entire building and they send someone to placate someone so they don't freak out. I'm tired of this. 

Hello @Joseph2007

Sorry to hear about the constant problems and slow internet. I understand it’s not a good experience. I would like to help, I’m going to have someone reach out to you in Private Message, please check our Messages from the Envelope icon in the top right hand side of your screen.

Thanks,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

The internet is almost impossible to navigate its sl slow (stuck). Its also telling me the private message is 'unsafe'.

Hello @Joseph2007

I can definitely understand slow internet is very painfulSmiley Sad. I need more information to investigate, I've resend the SafeSend link or  you can just reply back to PM. The other option would be to contact our phone technical support. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Thanks,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

people have been calling and still its worse than ever. this will have to be excalated to cut out the nonsense of people coming out and nothing happening. 

I Plan to Stick Around

This will have to wait till as using the Internet is impossible (as I type this on my Bell mobility phone

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Hi @Joseph2007 

That can definitely be frustrating to deal with. Smiley Sad

Have you tried resetting your modem or swapping your modem?

Maybe @Datalink or @Gdkitty or anyone else from the community  could provide some insight to the specs and share your expertise on this topic.

Thanks!

@RogersPrasana 

I Plan to Stick Around

I reset this morning. What is unusual is that it only happens after 6pm. If it was a faulty modem, shouldn't it be like this all day? The tenant above me had a service call, but he came during daytime hours. He just changed a couple of cords. No resolution to her problem.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Where are you? If you are in a 'traditional' Rogers area (i.e. not Hamilton, say, or other new Rogers acquisition), I find it quite concerning that you are only seeing one upstream channel (the standard Rogers D3 config is 3)...