Upgraded to Gigabit Internet - Not getting package speeds

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Upgraded to Gigabit Internet - Not getting package speeds

Only getting around 50Mbps down. Upload is fine. Tried wifi, hardwired to the modem, and standalone router. All the same. When i call tech support they say there is a suspension on the account. They can't explain why. They did some trouble shooting and had to send this off to the next level.

Now, 2 of my coworkers who also upgraded and have the exact same issue. Slow download speed, upload is fine, tech says there is a suspension etc...

Before the upgrade my connection was working fine. Right now my games online getting lag spikes....

*Added Labels*

Re: Upgraded to Gigabit Internet - Not getting package speeds

Hello, @stockylobster.

Thank you for sharing your Internet service upgrade experience with the Community. Seeing such low speed can be disappointing! 

Occasionally it may happen during the upgrade the appropriate upstream/downstream bitrate is not applied due to some technical reason. Please be assured the backend team will look into it and apply the appropriate fix to remedy the problem.

You will be notified once the ticket is resolved. I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

My Gigabit Internet is very inconsistent. With my old package (250u) my speeds are very consistent. Like every time I run a speed test it will always be around 320Mb but with this 1Gb connection my speeds are all over the place. One test will give me a result of 380Mb, next gives me 800Mb then the 3rd time I will get 403Mb. This is done using the Rogers speed test: https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/internet-speedtest

So, I'm not really sure if this is how its suppose to be....quite disappointing :/

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm on the 500 Ignite plan and across all my devices I see anywhere between 218-570Mbps. For this, I'd say I am getting package speeds. Are you failing to take into account factors outside your control? The 218 comes from my Xbox One X connected to Xbox Live servers in Virginia I believe.

I Plan to Stick Around

I think my connection must be throttle during the day and unthrottled at night......Last night I was getting my gigabit speed then this morning my speed went back down to 400Mb range.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Which is odd, you normally would see it in most cases the other way around.
Sometimes in areas which generally are oversold, when too many people get online, it could choke the connection a bit.

Generally other than the occasional hickup, where I am can get 590+ on wired most times of the day, on the 500u plan.

I Plan to Stick Around

Well look my speed is good again......until tomorrow morning.

I Plan to Stick Around

nvm

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't know if its our area or not or maybe it's normal. But Sometimes I will get good speeds 900Mbps+ most of the day and sometimes its really bad (hard time to even get 400Mb). Now, I checked with my friend who also has the Ignite Gigabit and he experiences the exact same issue as me. When I get good speed he also gets good speed and when I get terrible speeds he also gets terrible speeds. Today it was a terrible day for my internet.

Paying for Gigabit speeds should be close to gigabit and not just sometimes. If we only get around 400Mb then why pay for gigabit when we can get 150 or the 500Mb?

I've Been Here Awhile

I still hit what I'm paying for, plus or minus. All I have to do is call about the Ethernet Ports on my XB6. I have my laptop hooked up to it, but it tends to drop the connection and then re-establish it. It would be enough to count as a loss in multiplayer games.

Plus-Minus of course is depending on the device.

Coming on PPV!
Real Madrid vs. Atlético (Athletic) Bilbao Live
LIVE: Saturday April 21, 2019 10AM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499 | 391 (beIN English) 392 (beIN Spanish)
Price: $5.99 (HD) | $5.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $5.99 | (beIN subscription $14.99/mo.)
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Real Madrid faces Athletic Bilbao in a regular la liga league soccer match. Subscribe to beIN Sports for $14.99/mo. to get the game and more La Liga and international Sporting events.

Crawford vs. Khan Live
LIVE: Saturday April 20, 2019 9PM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $79.99 (HD) | $74.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $79.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Undefeated virtuoso Terence "Bud" Crawford (34-0, 25 KOs) will defend his welterweight world title against British boxing royalty Amir "King" Khan (33-4, 20 KOs) in a collision of superstars.

Topic Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 14 in conversation