Unscheduled Maintenance Visit

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Unscheduled Maintenance Visit

I received a surprise and unscheduled visit by a Rogers contracted technician today. Who can I contact to ensure that this was an official and legitimate service call?

***Edited Labels*** 

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Re: Unscheduled Maintenance Visit

Hello @jpthibault,

I can certainly look into this for you. This would involve accessing your account. I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps, when you receive it please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Thanks!

RogersHassam 

Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

I do recall that there were supposed to be some unscheduled visits by technicians to remove the Trap-W filters since they are no longer needed. It is possible that is what it was.

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm logged in.

Have you sent your message yet?

Thanks,

JP

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The message should show up, as there being a notification by the envelope in the top right corner.

I would always be leary of this...
Doing work outside? Ok thats one thing.. changing the lines, removing filters, etc at the street, etc? Thats one thing.

But i would never let them INSIDE, without a proper work order, etc.. and i would still be leary.

I Plan to Stick Around

lockdown2341 wrote:

"I do recall that there were supposed to be some unscheduled visits by technicians to remove the Trap-W filters since they are no longer needed. It is possible that is what it was."

Is that a part for Home Phone - an attachment from the coax into the phone modem??

I had a (scheduled) tech out the other week and he removed it saying i didn't need it.

Rogers Employee

No idea exactly what it is. I just read something at work that said visits were being made to have these filters removed as they are not needed, and the visits were going to be unscheduled ones since usually the filters can be accessed from outside of the home.

I'm an Advisor

If this is something known to Rogers employees, a communication to all customers should be made announcing it. We keep getting marketing materials sent, why not a letter (e-mail, text) about a possible technician visit to remove obsolete equipment from outside our property?

Like Gdkitty, I am weary of unannounced visitors to my home. 

Rogers Employee

Not sure why it wasn't announced. I'm assuming because its inconsequential to your services as it doesn't affect anything, and that it isn't known exactly when the technicians will be going out to do it.

I'm an Advisor

I understand what you are saying but anyone visiting my property, especially to modify or remove equipment, needs to give me advance notice (even if said equipment belongs to them). 

I assume that removing the Trap-W filter causes a temporary cable, home phone and Internet blip...right? If yes, all the more reason to advise the customer before showing up.

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 in conversation