cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unmerging Rogers/Yahoo Email Address

9Lotus
I've been around

Anyone have info on this:

I received an email a few days ago telling me that Yahoo and Rogers mail will be splitting and then last night my 10,000+ messages over 18 years at Rogers was wiped with a blank inbox.

Don't know what to even think of this....

*Edited Labels*

19 REPLIES 19

Re: Unmerging Rogers/Yahoo Email Address

lclchang
I've been around

Folder empty and missing after email account split

After the email account split, all my email folders are now empty and some email folders are missing. Does anybody have the same issue and know how to fix?

jpcloet
I've been around

I am also missing all of my emails and folders prior to today.

Jeano623
I'm here a lot

Help! All my old e-mail -- Inbox, trash, Folders has disappeared from Rogers Yahoo! 

I believe I might have seen one sometime in the last couple of weeks about changing to a new format of e-mail, but I deferred reading it until I got back from my mother's funeral.

Today, all the e-mail is gone. I don't know if I am more concerned about the foldered material (lots of valuable information belonging to groups I am on the board of) or the more recent ones I left there to reply to when I got back in town.

I have sent a restoration request to Yahoo! but I am not even sure if that was the right thing to do. Anyone have any insight into (a) what might have happened and (b) what I should do?

Hello, @9Lotus@Jeano623@lclchang@jpcloet

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. My personal email account got unmerged as well so I can relate to your situation.

The good news is that all your old emails are intact and will be in the original @yahoo email account. The process of transferring the emails to the @rogers account will start with the newest emails first. You should see all your old emails copied over by the end of this month. If you must access an very old email, you can log into your @yahoo email for now.

Please visit www.rogers.com/separate-email-accounts for FAQs and other news regarding this update.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

So, not to be a pest or anything, but it's been a few days and very little has happened. I now have some of the e-mails from earlier in September, but am still missing some vital folders, all my contacts, and all the messages before September 5 or so.

I actually can't access them as advised, as near as I can tell. When I click on my name in the top right of the screen, I'm presented with my e-mail address twice; both links lead me to the same (sadly depleted) Inbox. One link asks me for more information, which I am reluctant to give under the circumstances.

If it helps, my domain is actually @nl.rogers.com -- because Newfoundland & Labrador joined on to Rogers as a result of an acquisition.

Hi @Jeano623,

Thanks for keeping us posted.  Have you had anything else restored since your last post?

As @RogersMoin mentioned earlier, it may take some time to have everything fully restored, however, you should be able to restore some things such as contacts on your own if you like.

To import contacts from your Yahoo! Email account to your  Rogers Yahoo! email account:

1. In Yahoo! Mail, click the Contacts icon. 
  2. Click Actions drop-down and select Export
  3. Select Yahoo CSV and click Export now
  4. Log out of the Yahoo email account and log in to your  Rogers Yahoo! email account. 
  5. Click the Contacts icon. 
  6. Click the drop-down and select Import
  7. Click the Import button next to File Upload
  8. Click Browse to find the file you previously exported on your downloads folder. 
  9. Click Import.

Let us know if this helps or if you have anything else to share!

RogersShaun

Oh, darn! I thought I had replied yesterday. Just after I posted this, I got a response to a Facebook message I had sent some time before.
Nothing new has been restored but the very patient Rogers rep figured out how I could access the old version, including contacts.
So I am now better off if not perfectly off and I remain a fan of Rogers service.

Hi @Jeano623,

That's great news! I'm glad to hear you were able to find an alternative solution.  Thanks for keeping us posted!

Have a great day!

RogersShaun

Just an update for anyone who's following this -- it's the early hours of October 3 and my mail has still not moved beyond where it was last week.

@RogersShaun , @RogersMoin or anyone out there know what the latest ETA for the completed transfer-over of messages is?

Thanks!

Hello @Jeano623!

I am sorry to hear that your email still appears to be stuck in place 😞

At this point, I would recommend requesting a restore from Yahoo directly. You can make that request here: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2552.html

Regards,

RogersCorey

Salinger1
I plan to stick around

Should everyone have receive an email about the Rogers/Yahoo split?  I don't believe I've received anything.

In light of the recent news that all 3 billion of Yahoo users accounts were hacked back in 2013, I would really love to not have to use Yahoo's portal to access my Rogers email.  I never liked the interface anyway, and the hack just makes me all the more anxious to be rid of it.

Hi Corey,

I actually already did that, right at the beginning of this journey, but heard nothing (or maybe this is why the little that got restored did get done). I will try again, but I am now anxious all over again -- the page you've linked to clearly states Yahoo can only restore up to 7 days, and it is now several times that since I lost the e-mail originally.

Yeep! I will try, and will keep you posted on what, if anything, happens.

Jean

karch66
I've been around

Hi,

I would like to ask the community about my experience with the Rogers/Yahoo mail unmerge. It was a nightmare. Talking to countless tech support agents, supervisors, managers, and even someone from the Office of the President. After over 5 months (at the end of February), I was informed that the "login issue" (to my account was resolved). HOWEVER, when I logged in, ALL my email (from 2004 to the present) was deleted. I asked Rogers tech support about this and they verified that indeed the mail folder (and all subfolders) were deleted and unrecoverable. This is 14 years of emails. Rogers has asked me what I would like "in order to make this right".  Is anyone else in this same position?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@karch66wrote:

Hi,

This is 14 years of emails. Rogers has asked me what I would like "in order to make this right".  Is anyone else in this same position.

I'm hoping that you have a backup?  I have 34 years of files on my main computer, but all of them (e-mails, photos, other files, etc.) are backed up to an external drive on-site, hidden in a different room, in case of theft, as well as to a laptop computer elsewhere in the house.  All of them are also backed up to a USB thumbdrive that I keep off-site in case of a catastrophe at home, like fire.  Everyone should keep at least one backup of anything they don't want to lose, and preferably two backups, one off-site.

Sorry, I have no comments about compensation.  Most corporations don't have a provision for consequential damages, so I'm not sure what you're looking for...

If the e-mails were lost "recently" there may be a backup still available if you don't/didn't leave it too long. I see that you say they are unrecoverable - did you try asking someone else, perhaps Yahoo directly?

Jeano623
I'm here a lot

Have your messages disappeared from your Yahoo account as well? I followed some very good advice, both from here and from the onsite Rogers help, and discovered that things were staying on the Yahoo side even if I couldn't see them when I logged into Rogers.

I lost track of the last date that the transition was supposed to be complete. As of today (March 14) the messages since June 6 (2017) are visible in my Rogers Inbox. There may have been earlier ones, but they're erased. All the folders, which had archival stuff, has been transferred to Rogers.

The Yahoo account has stuff dating back to 2009, which I sincerely hope was the oldest mail still in that Inbox! ("Declutter Inbox" is a recurring item on my to-do list.)

I agree about having backup, and am getting an external hard drive this week. The problem was that I assumed the Rogers/Yahoo system WAS a backup. Indeed, that archive of material was the reason why I never considered switching Rogers as my internet provider.

Fortunately, I don't seem to have lost anything vital. Hopefully, your experience will be the same. Condolences if this is not the case.

sfgasdfasfa
I've been here awhile

Process to Unmerge Yahoo and Rogers email accounts?!?

I am beyond frustrated with Rogers and how they handled this Yahoo email merge. I had a yahoo account NOT related to rogers in any way as it was created before I was even a rogers customer. Somehow Rogers decided to merge my Yahoo email account and I have now lost all my emails going back a very long time.

Rogers phone support was useless and the agent even directed me to a scam phone number that she quickly googled on the internet. Another agent washed their hands saying it was not a Rogers issue. There is ZERO way to even get in contact with Yahoo so now I am left being unable to access my personal account with yahoo that has NOTHING to do with Rogers. I am very close to filing legal action with the amount of very important items that I can no longer access due to the incompetency of Rogers as a company.

Has other users had any resolution as I know I am not the only one in this situation.

Hello @sfgasdfasfa,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Losing all of your emails that you had saved for such a long time must be beyond frustrating, at this point. =(

Other users in the Community were able to recover their emails by logging into their email directly through Yahoo as the original emails should still be saved on the Yahoo server side. What happens when you try to login to your original Yahoo email address, do you still remember the credentials you used in the past?

The unmerging of Rogers.com email address from Yahoo should have happened last year, when did you first notice that all of your emails have disappeared?

We look forward to your response!

RogersTony

sfgasdfasfa
I've been here awhile
It is literally impossible to login to the Yahoo website! When i log in i am consrantly redirected to the Rogers Member page. I cannot yse their ios app as again i am redirected to the rogers member page. Even using the ios built in mail app i am redirected to the Rogers memeber page. It is literally impossible and i have been fighting with Rogers iver this for a long time now with zero resolution.

The disappearing of my emails happened roughly 6-8 months ago. My account was oerfectly fine logging into yahoo then all of a sudden rogers took it over and now all it does is redirect.

Hello, @sfgasdfasfa

Thank you for your patience. I can certainly appreciate your position, the @yahoo email account getting redirected to Rogers Member Centre can be inconvenient. We can further look into this matter and stop the redirect; please send us a private message at @CommunityHelpsYou can find details about our private messaging system in this blog.

Cheers,

The CommunityHelps Team,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 12 in conversation