Unknown network connections

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geezup
I Plan to Stick Around

Unknown network connections

When I run Advance IP Scanner I have recently noticed under my router name there are 2 additional  links.

uuuuuu.png

I tried looking up GoAhead webs and can't see any connection to rogers.

Can someone give me a explanation for this and is it normal.

Thank you

***EDITED LABELS***

RogersMoin

Re: Unknown network connections

Hello, @Geezup

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. It's unusual to have those two listings under Rogers' gateway modem. GoAhead is the embedded web server and it includes a routing engine that manages client HTTP requests. Since you are not aware of GoAhead, I'm assuming you recently install some device on your home network or installed some software resulting in the installation of GoAhead Web Server. 

@Community - please chime in with your expertise. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Geezup
I Plan to Stick Around

I haven't installed anything and have nothing running at the moment. The only thing I did was upgrade Firefox.

With the research that I have done i have found that there are vulnerabilities with SSLv3. Could this be the result of someone rerouting/snooping on my internet?

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

A little bit of research on my own network using the same software, Advanced IP Scanner, and reviewing the web site for Go-Ahead-Webs, here is what I found.

I have the same embedded server running in the same place as yours - under your Hitron Router side of the gateway.

This is a guess on my part - I would suspect that the embedded server you are seeing is the embedded administrator HTTP web that allows you to administer the gateway features.

I have a D-link extender operating connected to the Hitron network in my home - it has an embedded web server manufactured by a company called lightpd and open source product.

I also have a web server running under my HP Printer - again, most likely related to the web services on the printer, or the internal administrator web server.

Also, since I have shares on my computers, these shares show up as services being passed across the internal hitron network for access to those other devices with permissions.

So, these are guesses on my part - you have done nothing as you have said.

The web service is part of the Hitron gateway - there has to be an embedded server product operating all the time on the administrative web page.

This is supposition, same as the moderator made, so I am not one hundred percent sure, but makes sense to me why we both see it.

Anyone else see it?

Great question, Bruce

gp-se
I'm an Advisor

@Geezup wrote:

I haven't installed anything and have nothing running at the moment. The only thing I did was upgrade Firefox.

With the research that I have done i have found that there are vulnerabilities with SSLv3. Could this be the result of someone rerouting/snooping on my internet?

@Geezup

https://www.embedthis.com/goahead/

from what I just read, it looks like it's software that is embedded in the Gateway, so no need to worry.

Geezup
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for everyone's input. While searching around I did notice others with the "HTTP, GoAhead WebServer" as a part of their list. Do you also have the "HTTPS, Tunnel is OpenSSL SSLv3: unknown service" line? This is the one that has seemed to appear most recently me and I a curious if that is normal too. Thanks.
Geezup
I Plan to Stick Around

Any ideas?