cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undetectable Virus - msil/bladabindi

jtdu
I've been here awhile

Hi All,

Has anyone had issues with "msil/bladabindi" virus? I have done all virus scans and such with no success of actually detecting this. Anyone know how one can find which computer is infected and if it occurs via wired or wireless connections? 

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Undetectable Virus - msil/bladabindi

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Believe its PC... and would run over wired or wireless .

What have you used to scan for it?

(and how do you know that its the problem if the software cant find it?)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Believe its PC... and would run over wired or wireless .

What have you used to scan for it?

(and how do you know that its the problem if the software cant find it?)

jtdu
I've been here awhile

I used windows defender anti virus which was recommended by microsoft to detect and remove it.

I found out because i had a chat with rogers and they said that that is what is triggering my internet to be blocked. 

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Defender says it should be able to remove it.. but its possible its not properly..

You could try something like MalwareBytes as well, see if it will remove it.

tgf5
I've been here awhile

Hey I received an email from Rogers about the same thing. I scanned all my devices and nothing came up. I'm at a loss here. Our family also doesn't do anything except watch youtube, online gaming, etc. Were you able to solve the problem?

Hello, @tgf5.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums and thank you for joining this discussion. I appreciate scanning all your devices; MSIL/Bladabindi is a malware that targets the core system of Windows OS. 

How many Windows OS based computers do you have and what version of the OS they are running? Which security software are you using to run the scan? Have you tried Malwarebytes, as suggested in the post above?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

tgf5
I've been here awhile

Thanks for the response. We have 5 devices running Windows 10. We've tried using Malwarebytes and ESET, as well as the built in Windows Defender. Nothing has come up in our scans.

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

That is certainly strange. If it is Bladabindi then malwarebytes should pick it up and remove it. To my knowledge this particular type of backdoor infection is usually obtained via email, though I'm sure it's possible to contract it through an unsecured website. Although I'm sure it's already been mentioned, I would definitely refrain from doing any form of banking, shopping, or log ins to anything obtaining personal information on any Windows based devices until the infection has been spotted and removed.

Given that you've run the scans and have not yet identified it's source I would recommend reaching out to us @CommunityHelps so we can take a look at the report and review the infection type to validate what's been identified. To find out more information about our PM system you can check out our blog.

In addition I would also recommend reaching out to Malwarebytes support directly, as they may have more information pertaining to the removal of Bladabindi.

@RogersAndy

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation