Unbelievably High Data Uploading Usage

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Unbelievably High Data Uploading Usage

In my case I think Megaupload and Dropbox upload caused high number of upload usage (have a few security cameras writing to those cloud storage)
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

A post on the forum talks about duplicate modem MAC address as a possible cause.  I believe that this could be it.  I do recal seeing one of those quick warning poping up about duplicate mac address.  Did not pay much attention to it at the time but tought that it was strange.  A friend saw the samething on his pc.  Unfortunately I have yet to find the right person at Rogers to investigate this issue.  A simple test would be for a tech at Rogers to try to log on to my modem after it has been disconnected.  If log on was to be successful then that modem would definetely be a duplicate mac address modem. 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

This started for us in the last 4 days. The amount of data uploaded was over 10 times the entire capacity of 2 computers in just 4 days. How can uploading to the cloud explain That? Our cloud account has 5 gb in it. And my Rogers account says I have uploaded 160 gb in 4 days.

I will be calling in....but I simply don't buy that this is all about the cloud.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

If you have a SamKnows white box it is more than likely the culprit.  It was in my case.  I disconnected the box and everything came back to normal.  Neither Rogers nor SamKnows make you aware of this although they will claim that any overusage will not be billed to you.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I am having the exact same issue. I have not wavered in how I use my phone and my data usage has been consistent for months, but this cycle I “used” more than half my data in 4 days. Called Rogers to inquire and was told that yes I used all of the data. I spend most days on wifi. Has anyone else found a solution to this?
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This thread is about data upload on the home internet.

Is the upload your talking about on your home internet? Or on your cellular?