Unable to send to a distribution list

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Unable to send to a distribution list

I have a community distribution list which I have used for years. While visiting the US, suddenly I am unable to send mail to this distribution list. I keep receiving the following message:

554 Transaction failed :  Cannot send message due to possible abuse; please visit http://postmaster.yahoo.com/abuse_smtp.html for more information

Is there a way to work around this issue?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Unable to send to a distribution list

How many people are on the list?

Wondering if Yahoo changed their spam filter rules, etc.. and its viewing too many people, that its considering it sending spam.
(its to help prevent peoples PCs from being taken over by a virus, etc.. and to be used to SEND spam, etc).

I dont THINK that being in the US would change anything that way.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

How many people are on the list?

Wondering if Yahoo changed their spam filter rules, etc.. and its viewing too many people, that its considering it sending spam.
(its to help prevent peoples PCs from being taken over by a virus, etc.. and to be used to SEND spam, etc).

I dont THINK that being in the US would change anything that way.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hello I have a Rogers email account and it works fine on my iPhone , I also have a tablet and send group emails and it keeps failing , I checked my incoming and outgoing server and they are fine so why can't I send an email !????!!! So frustrated !!!!

Highlighted

Hi @Jg52,

Welcome to the Community!

Do you receive a bounce back error when you send out the email? How many recipients are you sending the email to?

RogersZia