Unable to connect to Sony Networks

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Unable to connect to Sony Networks

First i'll mention my internet connection is working as should be.

Modem - Hiltron CGN3A

Firmware version 4.5.8.16

Playstations - wired

Ipad - Wireless

Laptop - Wireless

I can get on Sony webpages, but the moment I try to sign in there is a long hang before it times out.

I cannot login to (PSN) Playstation network through my 2 PS4 machines and my 2 PS3 machines.

error states ``cannot connect to the server within the time limit``.

I cannot login to (PSN) playstation network on my Ipad app for Playstation.

no error, just hangs

I cannot login to the community.us.playstation.com I can see the page but when I try to log on with my account id/password this is the error I recieve:

The connection has timed out

The server at auth.api.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Tried on a cell phone, using providers data and not the modem at home, it logs in fine.

any help possible would be great.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Re: Unable to connect to Sony Networks

Hi @inker

Let's see if we can get you some help with connection to the network.

Sounds like something our Resident Experts @Datalink or @Gdkitty can assist you with.

@RogersPrasana

I Plan to Stick Around

Also to add, I have placed systems in DMZ 1 at a time obviously, and that does nothing. Only thing that I wonder about is the ports suggested by Sony are not the ports the port forwarding has been assigning.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Were the two PS4s and two PS3s connecting without any problems previously?

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, both were operating on the network error free previous to Thursday of last week where I was seeing same issues for approx 12 hrs. It returned thru the weekend. Then has been down since Sunday evening. 

The issues signing on other devices to their web service are effected at the exact time as my consoles. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

And no changes to the modem settings?  Was firmware 4.5.8.16 loaded and running before the problems started?  So far it sounds like a Sony problem.  Know anyone who is able to sign onto the Sony network using the Rogers network without any problems?  @RogersAsif would be able to help with this as he uses a PS4.

Did you set up static IP addresses and port forwarding for any of the consoles prior to having problems with logging in, or do you have UPNP enabled on the modem and run the setup function on the console to set the ports?

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't know anyone outside the PSN friends list, those I associate with had also been on other social media and had no issues. I did no changes at all to my modem. I assume the firmware was already running on the modem prior to the issues. 

I can can see people are using the services I am not able to sign into. I turned on the data on a cell phone and was able to access the Sony website. Return to modem, the problem remained. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I did not add any ports into port forwarding all, UPNP is enabled. The modem added my consoles automatically to port forwarding. However they don't match suggested ports on any troubleshooting on sony's behalf.

IMG_9608.JPG

I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry, to add I did not add static ip's either. I am not aware how to.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

How long have you had the CGN3ACSMR?  It normally takes 48 to 72 hours to update from firmware version 4.4.8.14 to 4.5.8.15.   

I would try the following:  

1.  Disconnect all of the PS3s and PS4s except one.  Keep the forth console powered down for now.

2.  Log into the modem

3.  Navigate to the Port Forwarding Page and delete all of the port forwarding rules..

4.  Save the change, and then reboot the modem using the ADMIN.....DEVICE RESET page Reboot function.

5.  Power up the remaining console and run the setup function.  I might have the wrong term here, but from what I

understand there is a simple and advanced setup function.  Run the simple setup function.  That should set the

ports required for the console in conjunction with UPNP on the modem.

6.  Once complete, try connecting to the Sony network.

From what I remember reading there are only 9 rules allowed to run on the modem at any one time.  So, if you have 4 consoles, with 4 ports or port ranges per console, that will be problematic.  Its interesting that they ran before.  Did you use all 4 at the same time, which would be a good test of the maximum number of port forwarding rules?

It you have any other application on a computer for example that requires port forwarding, that would also set new rules and possibly bump any of the existing rules out of operation.  If you then powered up one of the consoles, and tried to connect without running the setup routine, the previously set rules would not be running, which could prevent you from connecting.  UPNP will accept any changes from any application or console, which can be a drawback in certain circumstances, such as what you have with multiple consoles.