cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Verify Send-only Email Addresses

gc8086
I plan to stick around

I spent over an hour on the phone with Rogers Support before the agent gave up and said he couldn't help. I'm hoping this forum can.

My issue is with SEND-ONLY EMAIL ADDRESSES. If you're not familiar with them, they allow you to create up to 9 email addresses as aliases to your main Rogers email address. For example, if your Rogers email is johndoe@rogers.com, you could create jd@rogers.com as an alias. Then, when creating an email, you could change the From address from johndoe@rogers.com to jd@rogers.com
Before the alias will work Yahoo/Rogers requires the email address to be verified. They follow the standard procedure of sending an email to the alias address. You have to open it and click on a link to verify it.

That's where my problem comes in. When I try add a send-only address, the system comes back saying "Confirmation email sent failed".

Here's a link to the Help Page for send-only addresses: https://ca.help.yahoo.com/kb/rogers/new-mail-for-desktop/add-delete-edit-send-only-address-rogers-ya....

Does anyone have any idea how I can resolve this issue?

*** Edited Labels ***

64 REPLIES 64

Re: Unable to Verify Send-only Email Addresses

ThatTate
I plan to stick around

It seems like it wasn't a port issue, but the 'App Passport' changeover issue, which I was unaware of.  I signed up for one, set it for MacOS Mail, and it seems to be working. If there was a changeover in 2017, I'm not sure how my email kept working for so long, but so it did.  Also not sure why it suddenly tweaked out, as there were no changes on my desktop, but it did. This link helped:

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/update-email-settings

Re: Unable to Verify Send-only Email Addresses

gc8086
I plan to stick around

Wish that would work for me... unfortunately, NOT.

BTW, does anyone know how to reset the "stem" part of disposable email addresses?

Topic Stats
  • 64 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 11 in conversation