cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Receive Emails on Outlook

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Today I've been seeing occasional "Error 150" issues using Outlook for Mac 2011, but this time only for receiving e-mails, not for sending.  The issue affects individual e-mail addresses. After a few hours the issue goes away, so perhaps this is some sort of work in progress...

*** Edited Labels ***

65 REPLIES 65

Re: Unable to Receive Emails on Outlook

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@uncleron :  I have a few comments.

1. Go to Webmail and see if the the e-mails that end up in your junk folder on your iPad are from the "spam" folder on Webmail.

2. If they are in spam on Webmail, I do not believe that Outlook will pick them up from there, especially if you're running POP.  Any e-mails that end up in spam on Webmail that are not actually spam, would need to be marked as not spam there and (would then automatically) get moved to your inbox, where Outlook would pick them up the next time Outlook downloads.

3. Are you running IMAP on both iPad and Laptop Outlook.  If you're running POP on Outlook, that may explain it too.   I also run Outlook on my Mac Mini (POP) and Mail on my iPads (IMAP) (air and air4), but Rogers/Yahoo's spam filter is so good that I don't remember seeing any "real" e-mails getting to the spam folder, nor do I get many spam e-mails there - perhaps one a month on one of my e-mail addresses.  I run several different e-mail addresses.

Good Luck

Wilcock
I've been around

This issue started today. When I went in via the webmail it asked for me to change my password so I did.

I entered the new password in to Outlook and it still fails to be able to send/receive email using Outlook.

Nothing changed on my computer in the last 4 months.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You probably need to create and enter an app password in Outlook. See link below (near the bottom)

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/email-setup

Topic Stats
  • 65 replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 11 in conversation