Unable to Receive Emails on Outlook

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Unable to Receive Emails on Outlook

Both DaHammerman and I are having trouble with our Outlooks in XP. In Windows 7, it works fine.

The link I posted above points to another person with the same difficulties in XP, who did much more troubleshooting and found Yahoo with the issue.

You Re:57 don't have XP but your troubles started at the same time as all of us, including the guy in the link I posted above - see his date of April 29th. And it's the exact same problem.

Rogers, please contact Yahoo and tell them you have customers who can't receive in Outlook Express and Outlook. We've done all the work thus far and need you to take this one small step.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I just received a follow-up from OOTP regarding this issue.  The CSR stated that my e-mail client (Outlook for Mac 2011) is no longer officially supported (no surprise there).  I stated that Rogers will need to update their FAQ regarding e-mail clients below, basically to only include anything newer than 2016?:

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/email-setup

The CSR did state that he would contact the Rogers/Yahoo team once more to see if there's some sort of workaround that will work (like Yahoo has for their customers with older e-mail clients, discussed in one of my recent posts - link below).

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-Receive-Emails-on-Outlook/m-p/462088#M61295

I think I'll leave this for another week or so to see if they put a workaround in place.  If not, I guess I'll have to upgrade to MS365, which is not cheap.  I suppose I could also look at a different e-mail client, however, I have thousands of e-mails and calendar events in Outlook for several decades, so I would prefer not to.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for updating us.

It does seem almost 100% that it's a Yahoo issue and that thousands of people are in the same boat - old, established email accounts with too many points of contact to just throw away.

Hopefully Rogers will contact Yahoo and expedite a response or submit a ticket.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

A few hours after receiving the call from the CSR at the OOTP, I received an auto-call that said that my ticket was still open and that they are still working on it.  We shall see.