Turn off spam filtering

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Turn off spam filtering

I have created a fix that appears to be working.  I created a filter, with a custom rule.  In the left column, select "Customize" and enter "YahooFilteredBulk" for the new message header.  Then select contains and put a period in the box to be matched.  Set the rule to move the message to the Inbox.  I've been using this for a few days and it appears to be working.

This is in Seamonkey, but should also work with Thunderbird.

Bulk filter fix

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@57 wrote:

@JKnott:

Apparently not. See link below:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/434...

I have created a fix that seems to work and posted it in that thread.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@boomod wrote:

Ever since the fiasco weeks ago with the invalid security certificate stuff, where some of us went through the process of deleting and rebuilding our account settings in our mail clients, I have no longer been getting any spam mail in my Thunderbird configuration.  I don't know if its related to changes that took place at that time with the rogers.yahoo mail, or some change that my client is doing differently now, but I haven't found any settings and options on either my client or the rogers mail webinterface.

Mail used to come in prepended as [BULK] but downloaded through my inbox, allowing me to then filter based on names and other things for the NUMEROUS emails that I want, but which would get tagged for disposal otherwise.  Now, my client only downloads mail that is explicitly in the inbox, and does not let me download the contents of the "SPAM" folder, so I have all that email stuck on the server that I can only access via webmail, and lots of WANTED mail stuck in the SPAM folder.  And the only spam folder settings I seem to have control over his how long to let mail sit there before it self-destructs...

I use a client to avoid needing the web interface, and to setup my own filtering and sorting rules for organization, but if I can't download ALL the email and pass it through my own sanity-checks to catch various wanted mail (as well, I enjoy studying malicous spam mail), then Im out of luck.

DID something change in the email system regarding spam back at the start of February, or was it always that way, and I'm just missing a setting in my Thunderbird configuration that lets me download that SPAM folder after having rebuilt my TB account profile?

Appreciate very much if someone can help me identify a way to download every, every, every , every email in thunderbird 🙂

@I also created a filter on the web site that checked for @ in the address and send the message to the inbox.

I really don't have a problem with them having a spam filter.  I have a *REAL* problem in not being able to turn it off, when it's clearly inferior to the filtering in my email client.  It should not be necessary to come up with tricks to work around it.

Well, Rogers is supposedly moving off Yahoo, in the not too distant future. Hopefully we won't have to put up with this garbage much longer.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

It looks as though others are having a similar problem to mine. The spam filter in the Yahoo mail program preferences was not on, so why they do it is a mystery. My last frustrating online interaction with Yahoo (obviously outsourced) ended up in a virtual fist fight. I want them out of my E-mail altogether, it's none of their business, and I hope Rogers does something about this.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Best news ever!!!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers is supposed to be moving off Yahoo, when is it going to happen???  Yahoo, with their spam filter is a real pain.  I frequently have to access my account with a browser, to mark items as not spam.  For some reason lately, I've had to frequently log back in, to do that, but the password I have been using suddenly stops working.  Why are we forced to put up with this garbage called "Yahoo Mail"???  Rogers, please move off it ASAP!!!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I agree with J Knott - having the same problem myself.  Pleeeease, Rogers, ditch Yahoo.